Chapter 3

It was the next morning and the three of us were sitting on the couch, Katie you remember from last night and also Lauren. I think we all looked slightly unwell, I know I was certainly feeling it, more in the head than the stomach.
We sat watching the tv in silence waiting for our Uber eats feast.

"He Liv, who was that boy you were talking to before I seen you wander off" I looked up from my cup of tea to Katie.

"Oh that was Hugo"
"The ex" I'd filled the girls in whilst we had a few drinks before leaving last night about the boy drama "girl why were you talking to him"

"He wanted to say hello I think, I don't remember the conversation that well. I wasn't having a bar of it though and think I may have hurt me" I muttered sipping my tea, I liked these girls and we've gotten pretty close in the few days being here but I'm not use to having many girlfriends close by, I only have 2 really.

"Well screw him Liv, he left you and good riddance to him. You're with us now and have a fresh new start" they're so right.
"Thanks Katie. Anyway Lauren who was that hot guy I seen sneaking out of the house this morning" I winked making her go bright red. He was quite cute rushing us shoving his shoes on.

"Is it bad if I don't remember his name"
"Lauren no you're joking, you dirty thing at least get his name before he's bloody inside you" Katie gasped as I couldn't contain myself laughing. Wow these girls are great.

"Katie not everyone is worth learning there name, he was very nice though especially down there if you know what I mean" Lauren winked raising her hand for a high five which Katie slapped away "oh you're just jealous I got some and you didn't"

This argumentative debate went on for quite some time and it was strangely nice. It was comforting being around two new people I'm positive I'll be friends with and having my own house, for the first time in weeks I actually felt calm and settled. I felt like I was finally home. Now I just have to actually conquer starting uni in 3 days.

My phone started ringing whilst the girls still quarrelled about their sex lives so I quietly excused myself, the contact calling wasn't someone I exactly wanted to talk to but felt I should answer.

"Olivia, hey sorry for last night, that's not how I wanted it to go"

"Hugo it's fine" he's suffocating me.

"Did you enjoy yourself? I really wished we got to hang out more I've missed you"

"Yea I had a good time"

"Oh good, how's the share house and your two house mates, they seemed nice when I seen you with them last night"

"Look we don't need to do this ok?"

"Liv I miss you and love you I'm just checking in, I meant it when I said we'll still be friends ok"

"You're suffocating me H, I need to move on before you shove all this shit down my throat ok. Sorry if I was rude last night but honestly I think it was called for and completely understandable. I need you to just leave me be"

"Okay I get that, I just don't want you not having anyone to talk to, you've been stressed about moving and uni and all that stuff"

"Need I remind you that YOU dumped me because me telling you about my worries and anxieties was too much for you, yet how you're low key asking about it. Do you know how fucked up that sounds Hugo? Seriously"

"I know, I'm sorry, I've been hurting too and I hate I hurt you"

"Get over it ok, I am and you should too"

"Love you Liv"

"Goodbye Hugo"

Talk about an extremely fucked up situation. What the hell was that?