Letter #8

There was this place at the back of our house that nobody really bothered to go to aside from me.

Maybe because it didn't turn out to be what was initially planned for it to be so everyone here had an unspoken agreement to pretend that place never existed.

It was supposed to be my grandfather's storage for his collections of unique things he bought from different countries but when they decided to just put all those things in an art gallery for display, they abandoned this room.

But since when did I ever willingly act like them?

So when everyone was minding their own business doing things I'd rather not know, I was boredly wandering around the house and stumbled upon that room.

It was out of pure curiousity that ushered me to grab the door handle and open it since I was kind of wondering how would it look like since I thought they moved everything out.

Turned out they didn't and there were still a fair amount of uniquely captivating stuff in there in there so I decided I would keep that room for myself since it seemed like no one would mind anyway.

And so ever since that day, the storage room kind of became my hide out when I want to pretend to be someone else.

I know it might sound odd because there wasn't anything special about that place but when you feel trapped inside a what seems to be a pretty household but it was actually far from that you just cling into anything that would make you feel even just a little bit at peace.

It became my place for comfort because I was convinced it was the only place I could go to since I couldn't leave.

So with that in mind, I went there, seeking for that tinge of comfort again but even though I had already spent most time of the day in here I still feel like I can't breathe.

Because after all these years of thinking I don't belong anywhere, I found you Yeon-ah.

And ever since then, you've became the only one to ever make me feel at peace.

The only one to ever make me feel complete.

The only one to ever make me feel like I belong somewhere.

You're the one who brings me comfort, hyung.

You're my safe haven.