001. in which we meet Charlie, a nice girl from somewhere else

The blaring sound of her alarm wakes her up. An arm flies out of the covers, searching around for the source of the offending noise. Her hand hits the table beside her bed which causes a lamp to go flying off the side. She finally gets her hands on her phone. She blinks trying to get her eyes to adjust to the dim light in the room. Her vision finally becomes clear and takes a glance at the clock. If she didn't get up now, she was going to be seriously late.

"Shit." She shouts, throwing back the covers and jumping out of the bed. However, as she stands, her feet become tangled in a discarded pair of jeans that are left in mess by the bed. She falls flat on her face. She groans and looks up, a pair of black heels that most definitely are not hers, sits at the end of the bed.

"What time is it?" A raspy voice says from the bed. Charlie sits up. Her eyes are met with a gorgeous redhead. The stranger sits up in the bed, pulling the sheet up with her.

Charlie just sits there and stares, wow. She finally gets a grip and replies to this ethereal beauty that is in her bed. "Erm...early. Like 5 am early. I have work, so...like...I need you to go." Charlie says as she wraps a towel around herself. She takes a moment and just stares at the redhead. 

Charlie smiles awkwardly at the older woman in the bed. She couldn't remember anything from the night before, not even her name. "Okay, so...I don't usually do this kind of thing but like...I'm gonna go shower and get ready for work and hopefully by the time I'm out...could you be like...gone?"

The redhead laughs and bites her lip. Charlie thinks she dies on the spot but turns to head into her shower. "Sure, I'll be out of your hair," She takes a moment before she stops Charlie from entering the bathroom. "Hey, do you even remember my name?" Charlie makes various shapes with her mouth, desperately searching for the name. "I'll take your silence as a no. I'm Addison."

"Charlotte. Well, Charlie. You can call me Charlie." She stands in the doorway to her bathroom, towel clutched to her chest. She mumbles something about a shower and slams the door to the bathroom.

When she gets out of the shower Addison has, thankfully, disappeared.

*

She's been in Seattle for 4 weeks and being a surgical intern at Seattle Grace has its ups and downs but she's ready for all of them, especially if she had her best friend by her side every step of the way. She didn't believe Alex when he first told her he wanted to go into medicine, in fact, she laughed in his face and said he was drunk. But he proved her wrong was there with her through medical school, every step of the way, and now they were doing their residency together at Seattle Grace.

Charlie pulls into the parking lot, she sees Alex leaning against a tree, two coffees in hand. She locks her car and races over to her best friend, taking the coffee out of his hand.

"How are you here before me?" She says taking a large gulp. Thank god for coffee.

"Don't ask. I'm running on coffee and pure spite, I don't even know what day it is." He says to her, she rolls her eyes and they head into the hospital together. "So, how was last night?" He waggles his eyebrows at her. "I remember you going home with that smoking redhead from Joe's."

"Why are you so invested in my sex life, Alex? Is it because you're not getting any?" Alex just shoves his friend playfully as they walk through the open doors. She strolls through, Alex following after her, sulking.

"Fine, if you won't tell me the details, at least tell me that it was good?"

Charlie smirks and tries to hide her smile, she gives him the finger as she heads towards the elevator. Unfortunately, she collides with another human being and sends her coffee and their files flying.

"Oh shit, I am so, so sorry," Charlie mumbles as she immediately drops to her knees, starting to pick up the files and flurry of papers.

"It's okay, I wasn't looking where I was going." The person responds. Charlie holds the files in her hands and stands up meeting the eyes of whomever she crashed into.

Oh. 

Oh, shit.

She recognises that hair and those eyes and those lips.

The events of her drunken night flash before her eyes.

Joe's was a nice place, not 5 star but nice enough that you felt safe to get absolutely shit faced in it. It was opposite the hospital so she knew that many a night of drunken fun would get spent here. She watched as Alex played darts. A beer in one hand and a bunch of darts in the other, Charlie watched on worriedly as he swayed slightly.

"Alex, please be careful. I don't want to remove darts from anyone's head tonight." She shouted as she drank her beer. He threw his darts and landed a bullseye, he threw his arms up in victory. Charlie cheered in victory and took a sip of her beer.

When Charlie looked up again, she saw her. At the bar with a glass of whiskey in hand.

"Go and talk to her," Alex slurred, flopping down on the barstool next to his best friend. "She's been staring at you like all night." Charlie took a deep breath in and bit her lip.

Fuck it. She got up and made her over to the stunning redhead.

"Can I get you another?" She said sitting on the barstool next to her.

The redhead turned to Charlie, eyeing her up and down. "Sure, why not."

"I'm Charlie." She held out her hand.

"Addison." The other woman replied.

"Charlie." She says, her eyes wide.

"Addison?" Charlie lets out a breath.

Fuck.

"What are you doing here?" The brunette asks, with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"I work here, I just started. I'm the new head of Neonatal Surgery and OB/GYN." Addison says like it's obvious

Alex looks at the two women confused, but suddenly he gets it.

"Oh, shit." He shouts and starts laughing.

This would be an incredibly interesting day.