003. wrong place wrong time

After their talk, Charlie decides to distance herself

After their talk, Charlie decides to distance herself. She knows that she's catching feelings and she doesn't want that to be an option.

It's been six days since they last slept together and it was really beginning to get to Charlie, and still being on Addison's service wasn't helping her. She would always make some excuse up about being busy with patients and having (clearly fake) plans with her friends. Charlie would just do her job and get out there, not wanting to hang around, but then one day; Addison corners her.

"Are you avoiding me?" Charlie looks up from the clipboard in alarm. She stands in front of Charlie, her arm blocking the exit to the room she's currently in.

"Um...no?" She replies before ducking under her arm and walking away down the corridor.

"Charlie," She calls out.

"I have patients, Dr Montgomery." Charlie places the chart back in the nurse's station and begins to walk off.

"Dr Beck," Addison shouts the floor falls silent. Charlie stops and slowly turns around. "Can I please speak with you? In private?" Addison makes her way into the closest boardroom and Charlie reluctantly follows.

Addison closes the door behind Charlie. She crosses her arms and stares at the young intern.

"What is going on with you?" She says to the intern softly.

Charlie doesn't say anything. She simply stares at the floor.

"Charlie, you can talk to me you know?"

"I just need some time, that's all. Just...give me a couple of days-"

"You've already had a couple of days. You've had six. If you don't want to do this anymore, just tell me."

"I do, honestly. I absolutely do, but right now, I don't...I don't know what I want." She says honestly. "I have to get going." She says, before exiting the board room.

*

She finds Alex and they take a moment together in the lower corridors. That was the intern space. Their space where they could just take a second and breathe.

"Any improvements on the Jane Doe?" Charlie asks Alex, as they sit on the hospital bed together in the underbelly of the hospital.

"She's doing okay. Addison says everything looks good with her baby." He says, his mouth full of pretzels. "I need to go back up and check her vitals in a bit. ." He checks his watch. 11:36. He had time. "Speaking of Satan has anything happened between you and her. She's being bitchier than usual."

"Be nice." She rolls her eyes at him. "But yeah, I've taken a step back, so like we haven't like seen each other since before the ferry boat incident. I could feel myself getting feelings and getting attached, so I took a step back. Right now, we're strictly professional."