013. ask the question to get an answer

Addison stays the night at Charlie's and they talk

Addison stays the night at Charlie's and they talk. Charlie lets everything out, her past, her addiction, her feelings and Addison accepts it. She accepts all of it and Charlie breathes a little easier.

Three days after they makeup, Addison finds the ring. She doesn't mean to find it, but she does.

She's rummaging through the draws of Charlie's dresser, trying to find a shirt to wear, when her hand finds a small box. She takes it out and inspects it. Blue velvet. It's definitely a ring box. She takes a breath in and opens it. It's a simple gold band with three diamonds. Addison stares at it, Charlie shouting from the bathroom springs her back to reality, she snaps the box shut and shoving it back in the drawer.

"You okay? I was calling you." Charlie asks, face full of concern, drying her hair in a towel. Addison just smiles and nods. Charlie leans forward and kisses her soundly. "Alex and I, are having a boy's night tonight. We're heading here after we get out of the hospital. Want me to wait and take you home as well?"

"No, it's okay, I think I have a late surgery tonight anyway, so I'll be fine. I'll get a cab." Addison replies, Charlie presses another kiss on her lips and heads back to the bathroom.

She's making coffee when Charlie screams out in pain. Addison drops the mug and rushes towards the bathroom, she finds Charlie on the floor in the bathroom, her scrub top around her neck, clutching her shoulder.

"Charlie, baby. What's happened?" She crouches down next to her.

"Shoulder." She grits through her teeth.

"Where are your pain meds?" She asks her Charlie just squeezes her eyes shut.

"Threw them out. I couldn't- "

"It's okay." Addison sits on the bathroom floor with her, wrapping her up in her arms and stroking her hair. "It's okay, you're okay."

Charlie doesn't go to the hospital that day, but she does go to see Josh, her physical therapist who had been working with her since she came back to try and help the pain and regain mobility. He straps her arm in a sling to wear when she's at home, and then sends her on her way.

Alex comes around when he's finished at the hospital. He brings beer, snacks and a bunch of DVD's for them to enjoy.

"So, you propose yet?" He says from his place on the couch, Charlie stops sorting out the pizza.

"How do you I bought a ring?"

"I have monthly phone calls with mom and she may have mentioned the ring." He shrugs nonchalantly. 

"And what happens in these phone calls with mom?" She says, bringing over the pizza box and throwing it on the coffee table.

"She calls to know how you are, and she calls me because she knows that you like to lie and say you're fine when you not. So how are you?"