012. everything has lead to this

Charlie wakes alone, she's confused for a moment but then she remembers the night before.

"Fuck!" She shouts, needing to let out the pent up emotion from last night. But she treats it like any other day. She gets up, has a shower and sorts through her drawers for some clothes, she digs her hand through a drawer and finds the ring box. What was she going to do with that now?

Alex greets her in the parking lot, coffee in hand. "No Addison?"

"No, I think we broke up last night?"

"Oh shit."

"She got angry at me for not thinking about my actions, she thought I was willing to throw my life away. She wants me to care that I died on the table."

"I can sort of see where she's coming from Charlie."

"Who's side are you on here?"

"I'm just saying. Have you thought that maybe going back into therapy might help? I know you haven't been since your dad, but a lot of stuff has happened since. Your OD, Dani's death and now this? Perhaps you should open up and talk before you break." He places a hand on her lower back and rubs gentle circles. Charlie nods her head, perhaps it was time.

She manages to get an appointment with the therapist in the hospital, after her interns. So she can at least talk about how fucked up she is after she passes.

Addison, Mark, Derek, Burke, Callie and Bailey gather in the ER.

"They paged you guys too? What's happened?"

"Search and rescue found some lost climbers who were up on Mount Rainier. It's not good."

"People, the climbers are on their way."

"Any specifics?" Derek asks, crossing his arms. 

"They found only three so far. One's still missing. They're reporting severe dehydration with traumatic head and chest injuries. Dr Bailey, Dr Torres, you'll be my trauma team." Richard directs to his attending's.

"Bad day not to have interns." Bailey points out.

"What?" Mark asks confused.

"Today's the intern exam," Addison says, her eyes fixed on the floor, arms crossed.

"You'll all have to do your own heavy lifting today. And if you see an intern, which you will, because they can't help themselves, turn them away until after the exam. The ambulances are five minutes away. It's time to do what we do best, people. Let's roll." Richard says and heads to the ER entrance.

"What's up with you?" Callie says nudging Addison.

"I broke it off with Charlie last night."

"Really?" Addison nods her head and Callie wraps an arm around her friend's shoulders.