018. overthinking is a dangerous game

She paces back and forth in the attending's lounge, twisting her engagement ring, and muttering things under her breath

She paces back and forth in the attending's lounge, twisting her engagement ring, and muttering things under her breath. Callie watches on from the doorway.

"She okay?" Alex says coming to a stop next to Callie.

"She's been like this for the past 20 minutes." She says, her arms crossed and eyebrows raised.

"Should I get Charlie?" Alex whispers, eyes still on Addison

"I've already paged her." Callie smiles with a small nod.

"Hey, Callie!" Charlie calls from the corridor. "You paged?" Callie nods her head and moves so Charlie can peak around Alex and see inside the attending's lounge. "Erm...is she okay?" Callie shrugs her shoulders and Charlie furrows her brows.

"Addie?" Charlie says in a small voice, approaching her.

Addison suddenly stops and looks up. "Hi."

"What's happened? Are you okay?"

"Actually it's kind of good that you're here...because I need to talk to you."

Charlie smiles and sits down on a couch.

"It's about the wedding." Addison takes a breath and stands in front of Charlie. Alex and Callie take that as their cue to get out of there. Charlie stares at Addison, waiting for an answer. "I...I'm not sure."

"Not sure about what?" Charlie asks with a look of confusion on her face.

"About this. About any of this." She snaps and starts pacing again.

"Okay. Well, calm down, let's talk about it."

Addison stops pacing and sits next to Charlie, taking her hand and intertwining their fingers. "I've been thinking, and I'm not entirely sure that I want to get married," Charlie pulls her hand away. "I screwed up my marriage to Derek, and I don't want to screw this up. Maybe we should just take some time. We did kind of rush into this?"

"You think we rushed into this?" Addison nods her head slowly. "You don't want to get married?" Charlie asks, standing up from her seat and facing Addison.

"I...- " She hesitates.

"You don't?!"

"I don't know Charlie!" Addison snaps. She stands up and faces the brunette. Charlie takes a breath and collects herself.

"I'm...I'm gonna stay at Alex's tonight, I will see you tomorrow."

"Charlie – "

"No. I just..you need to figure out what you want if you still want...if you still want me, and then we'll talk." She walks right out of the attending's lounge.

"Charlie!" Addison calls after her.

Alex finds her eventually. She sits in a cupboard, knees pulled up to her chest. He quietly enters and sinks beside her, "You have patients you know." He says nudging her shoulder. She raises her head and looks at him. "They can wait, but first you need to talk to me. What happened with Addison."