Work From Home

Days and days go by and I'm still locked in the basement. The only time I see the girls is for food, or the occasional shower they let me have. 

Today, they have to shoot a music video for their song 'Work From Home'. Which also means that I get to tag along. 

Great. 

I know I should be excited, but why would I be? I get to be stuck with them the entire day. They clearly don't want to be around me, so why should I want to be around them? 

The shoot's outside in a construction area set. 

I don't watch them. I just sit on a chair and play with my water bottle. 

After a few hours, I look up to see the girls walking over to me. I almost instantly look back down at my water bottle and I pretend to not have seen them. 

They surround the table and not once, do I look up. Camila has her hand on my head while Ally has her hand on my shoulder. The other three are standing in front of me. 

"So...How do you like your first ever music video shoot?!" Lauren exclaims excitedly. 

"It's fun... I guess." I mumble, not meaning a word of what I just said 

Don't get me wrong. This is really cool. I get to see what goes into making a real music video. I would be more excited, if I wasn't just sitting here, doing absolutely nothing. 

"Why don't you like it?" Dinah asks seeing right through me

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because I'm sitting here doing absolutely nothing." I reply clearly irritated with her question 

 "Alright, well how about some good news to lighten up your mood?" Mani says 

Ooo is she going to tell me that I get to go back home?

"We're starting our new tour on July 17th!" 

I mentally roll my eyes at her excitement. 

I really thought...

Ally says "And 10 days before that is my birthday!"

"Speaking of. Dinah, Ally and I are going to throw a 'party' at a restaurant. It's really just a get together with family and close friends. You're going to come too."

"Great," I reply enthusiastically 

"Well, you sound excited. You're only coming because we're going to be gone half the day." Camila says 

"Shocking," I reply as I mentally roll my eyes 

Or I thought it was mentally 

"I better not see you roll your eyes at me again, and you better watch that attitude of yours, Skylar. You're walking on thin ice right now." Camila says 

"Whatever," I mumble as I continue to play with my water bottle 

"Guys, I think it's time to head back." Ally says 

"Stay here and don't move," says Camila giving me the death stare 

Once she turns around, I roll my eyes. 

I have to get out of here. This is torture. I hate that basement so much and I know they hate me so much. What's the point of staying? I'm going to run. Today has to be the day that I escape. Today's the day. I know it. I just have to make sure no one's watching. 

I wait for 20 minutes before I look around my area to make sure no one has their eye on me. Once I'm sure, I locate the nearest exit and run out as quickly as I can.