Chapter One: Dinosaur DNA

Year 2003

Eleven year old Anne looks around the lab that she had wondered in. She sees bottles of liquids and sees the dinosaurs replicas on the screen.

She walks around with her teddy bear in her left hand, dragging it across the shiny floors. She looks at a liquid and it reads, DINOSAUR DNA. But to her it says, DO SAUSE D NA. Thinking it's a drink she grabs it and takes three big gulps out of it.

Once she drank her three gulps she realizes the weird taste and just thinks of it as a flavorer. Claire had told her that she could drink anything in a cup, as long as it's clear, but Claire didn't tell her it was disgusting.

She didn't want to be rude so she won't tell Claire. Her head starts pounding as she places the glass on the table and wipes the evidence she drank some. She hears the doors open and walks towards them.

"Ann! There you are sweetheart! Your sissy would've been mad at me if I lost you in the park!" Claire exclaims but she was hoping the child didn't touch anything, "C'mon! Let's go, we're not suppose to be in her, sweetie,"

"Clar Clar do you have any water I can drink? My head is hurting," She uses Claire's nickname and Claire smiles from it.

"Of course sweetheart. Let's go find some water, yeah?" She asks and they walk out of the lab, oblivious to the little girls brain adapting to the DNA of a failed experiment.

Word Count: 260

A/N: This chapter was just to explain how Anne got her dinosaur communication power-ish thing, sorry it sucks