Chapter Six: She's Loose (PT:1)

Year 2014

Anne is in the Indominus Rex's cage and is currently looking for her.

"Dom! Dommy come out!" She yells and looks around the cage. The dinosaur sneaks up on the employee and snatches her up with her teeth in her work shirt. Anne let's put a squeal as Dom runs with her teeth in her, very rippable, shirt.

The Indominus finally sets her on the ground and stares at her for a moment.

"Why did you want me to come out?" To everyone else, she's roaring at the employee but to Anne, the dinosaur is making words instead of roaring.

"It's time to feed you," She clicks the radio two times so the guard will lower the lunch, "Also be good because Claire is coming by today to check on you with the Raptor trainer," Anne informs, "Stay out of trouble," She pets Dom's snout/nose and then heads back to the Observation Room.

She lowers the dinosaur's food and Dom ate it then disappeared in the forest. She smiles before heading outside to wait for Claire to get here.

After an hour, she sees Claire gets there with Owen and she stands up to go greet them.

Anne notices her looks unconvinced, so far, and uneasy, so she gives him a reassuring smile, "Owen, nice to see you again!" She greets, her smile still standing.

He accepts the handshake, "You too, Anne," He introduces himself, giving a small smile. It goes away as he pulls his hand away from Anne, "Wait you word here? In this padlock? I thought you worked with the T-Rex?" He asks, looking confused.

"I work with both, the Indominus and Tyrannosaurus Rexes,"

"Wait you did you say Indominus?" He questions, thinking of the horrible name.

Claire and Anne share a look before Claire smirks at Owen as she walks up the stairs, "We needed something scary and easy to pronounce. You should hear a four year old say 'Archaeornithomimus,'" She manages to get out and Anne looks at her, surprised she managed to get it out.

Anne now looks at her, astonished, "And you so happen to know that?" Anne asks, laughing after.

Owen frowns at Claire, "You should hear you try to say it," He sasses, smiling a little.

The three enter the Observation Room. The guard sitting at the desk, eating a sandwich. Claire and Owen walk to the glass as Anne snatches a button that allows her to lower the food for Dom. She walks outside and is on the ground before waiting for Claire's signal.

Claire mouths, "Can you drop the steer, please?" Earning a nod from Anne.

Anne nods and presses the button and the food lowers slowly. She looks at Claire and Owen, they seem to be talking about something.

Anne looks back at the jungle to see Dom hasn't emerged yet so she walks further out, not seeing her come when she usually comes when Anne is out there. Anne quickly runs inside.

"I don't think she's in there," Anne breathes out, looking intently at Claire, "She was just in there,"

Claire nods at Anne in agreement, "She's right, we were just here," Claire mutters under her breath.

Claire walks over to the guard, who stopped eating and started paying attention when Anne bursted back in, and asked him to do a thermal search.

NO THERMAL SIGNATURES DETECTED

The words on the screen said. Anne looked closely at the cell before Owen mutters, "Oh, shit,"

Anne snaps her head where Owen was looking, spotting fresh claw marks on the wall, "Your right, oh shit," She mumbles, looking to the guard in accusation.

He raises his hands in surrender, "That doesn't make any sense. Those doors haven't been opened in weeks," He states, now standing up, "You know this," He looks to Anne.

Anne turns her head to look back at the claw marks before Owen asks, "Were those claw marks always there?" He asks Anne, who shakes her head no, and Claire.

"You think it...?" Claire doesn't dare to finish with Anne in the room.

Anne instantly shakes her head no, "No way! She was in here before I went out to wait for you!" She informs, "It doesn't make any sense," She mumbles at herself.

"Oh god!" Claire yells, turning around and to the door, "She has an implant in her back! I can track it from the control room!" She exits as Owen watches her leave.

——

Posting this one earlier because I won't be able to post it tomorrow. (9-3-20)

Word Count: 763