3.6) Persecution

Mike rushed out of the gas station, where he previously called Adelaide, and stole one of the tractors from the men who wanted stop him. He was driving down the road with his heart on his throat, breathing heavily out of stress and anxiety from getting caught. Two police cars drove past him with their light's off, Mike almost sighed in relief until they turned around and followed him.

Suspect is in the tractor trailer. Backup is needed immediately.

"Pull over the vehicle!" The cops stated loudly through the radio, loud enough for Mike to hear them. "Pull over! Pull over the vehicle!"

Mike started to move the tractor's trailer from side to side, trying to distract and slow down the police cars. One of them almost got hit, so when the car turned, he crashed into a small ravine.

Officer down! Officer down!

"Shit," Mike said when he saw more police cars coming from the front.

"Jesus Christ!" A female officer yelled once he made a dangerous turn in the road. "He's turning south on Vessel. I repeat, south on Vessel."

"Subject is armed and dangerous," another female officer said through the radio. "Proceed with caution."

Mike had his foot planted on the accelerator and tried to to lose control of the tractor. He breathed heavily as he started at the police red and blue lights that were following him.

"Three units in pursuit. Backup is needed immediately," a male officer said.

"This guy's crazy!" Another yelled.

"Shit," Mike muttered as more police cars came from the front.

"We got him in sight," an officer said. "South on Vessel."

Mike did a fast and extreme turn, making the trailer fall off the tractor. The police cars abruptly stopped before they could get hit with the trailer. Meanwhile, Mike sighed in relief and kept driving as fast as he could.

"Reverse! Move! Reverse!" The officers yelled between each other as they tried to get through to follow Mike. "Get out of the fucking way! Move! Move!"

"He's on service road, west on Vessel," a female officer said.

The more he drove, more police cars joined the persecution.

"Helicopter is on route," a woman said. "Okay, the chopper has him. Thank you."

Mike sighed in frustration when he saw the chopper with a bright light right above him.

"Mile marker 33. All units converge," the pilot of the chopper said through the radio.

Mike drove faster, as if he was going to break the accelerator. We went through a bunch of trees, making the chopper lose sight of him.

He continued driving, more than six police cars trailing behind him. The road was dark, the tractor's lights weren't bright enough.

And then, he crashed against the concrete railing of the bridge. He lost control and overturned the tractor.

"Suspect has crashed. Suspect has crashed. Mike marker 34," the pilot said as the chopper pointed the bright light at the tractor.