3.3) Attack On The President

"I thought you could only fit four," Adelaide smiled at her three year old daughter. Lynne sweetly extended her hand towards her with a few cereals on it. "Oh, thanks, I do want some."

In that moment, Mike walked in with a bag in band, he still wasn't wearing his tie and his shirt wasn't fully buttoned. Adelaide briefly looked at him, and chuckled under her breath did how late he was. Yes, he was late, but she still wanted him to sit down and at least have a bit of breakfast. She didn't know of his headaches or of his muscular pain, but she knew he wasn't the same as he once was, and whatever happened, she wanted to be there for him.

"I made some breakfast, you want some?" She asked him.

"No, babe, I gotta go. I'll get some at the office. Hey, you," he walked up to his daughter and he brushed her nose with his. "Chicka-chicka-chicka-chicka. Hey. I still got it."

"You look exhausted. I know you didn't sleep again last night, and—"

"Babe..." He stated as he took a sip of orange juice. "I'm okay."

"Can we talk about this for five minutes?" She asked, but he was already turning to leave.

"I gotta go—"

"You're not that late," she stated as he walked to her side.

"I will see you in a few days, okay?" He cupped her face in his hands.

"We'll talk about it when you get back," she said firmly.

"We'll talk about it when I get back," Mike nodded. "I promise."

He leaned down and kissed her softly, she kissed back and wrapped her arms around his torso, pulling him closer into a hug. He pulled away and looked down at her, both of them wearing smiles on their faces. She was about to say something, but got distracted and giggled when Mike left a trail of kisses from her lips to her neck.

"Alright, alright, my handsome old man," she joked, he leaned back and rolled his eyes. "Give these to the boys out there, alright?"

"Okay," he nodded and went to his daughter. "Alright, Lynnie-pin."

"Can you say bye-bye?" Adelaide asked as Mike kissed his daughter's forehead.

"Bye, Lynnie-pin," he waved at her, and smiled when the little girl waved back. He turned to his wife as he walked to the entrance of their house. "And you, try not to kill the Vice President while I'm gone. Don't get into trouble!"

"No promises!" She yelled before he could close the door.

Mike greeted at the agents outside the house and quickly handed them the sandwiches Adelaide made for them. Everyday she would do them sandwiches, coffee, or she would order food for them: breakfast, lunch and dinner. They had to stay there all day, it was the least she could do, and she loved doing it.

"Here you go, losers," Mike said and they all chuckled. "She fucking loves you all, you even have your names on the bags."

"She has been doing it since I told her I was vegan," one of them said, and Mike scoffed.

"I'll see you guys in a few days," Mike nodded at them as he walked to his car. "Take care of my girls!"

"You got it!" They yelled back and they all waved at Mike before he drove off.

꧁⚠︎︎꧂

We're all set, Sector One.

We're all set, Sector Two.

Pathfinder inbound.