2.7) Mr. & Mrs. Banning

"I beg your pardon?" She asked, shocked, she looked at her father, who had a big smile on his face and gave her a thumbs up. Then back at Mike, who had an obvious nervous look on his face.

"We've already been through two fucking terrorists attacks, and we're lucky we've made it out alive. But we've only proven everyone that, as longs as we're together, we'll get through anything. Our baby is lucky to have someone like you as its mother," he said, his voice trembled a little. "You are a hard working woman, you've done so much for our country, for your family, and for me... Now, it's time for me to do something for you, and I can just promise that, no one will work harder to make you happy or cherish you as much as I will."

"Oh, my God. Mike," she breathed with a huge smile on her face and blush on her cheeks.

"I love you more than I can say, you know that. You're already the best thing that's ever happened to me, and the mother of my future child," he got down on one knee and grabbed her hand. "So, Adelaide Gwendolyn Asher... Will you marry me?"

Without saying a word, she fell on her knees and wrapped her arms around his neck, so tight as if she was going to choke him. They laughed as they held each other.

"Yes, of course I'll marry you," she whispered in his ear with uncontrollable joyful tears rolling down her face. "And I love you too, Mike, more than you'll ever know."

"Once again, congratulations, you two," the President smiled at them.

She pulled away from Mike and stood up. Her father hugged her quickly and patted Mike's back.

"In case you're wondering, Adelaide, the ring is in my drawer at our house, wrapped in a sock," Mike added, and they chuckled.

"In a sock?" The President asked him with a frown.

"Because that's the last place she would check if she had to find something," he explained with a small smile. "It was Lynne's idea, too."

"Now that you mention her... Dad, Mike," she called both men's attention. "When I saw the ultrasound, when I saw the baby... I couldn't help but think about Lynne..."

"May she Rest In Peace," the President said firmly. "The moment we get back, she and every American who died will receive the funeral they deserve."

"I know, but besides that," she said and looked at Mike. "If it's a girl, I want to name her Lynne Mary. If it's okay with you. Lynne Mary Banning."

"Of course it's okay with me," Mike smiled. "But why Mary?"

"After your mother," she said and he nodded gratefully. "And, I know you told my dad our son wouldn't be named Ben, but since we're kinda doing it after our parents and after the people we love... I was thinking of Michael Benjamin, after you and my father. Michael Benjamin Banning. But only if you agree, of course. We're in this together and I don't want you to feel pressured just because I blurted out these names."

"Now you're just babbling, Addy. But damn, you've got the names already," her father chuckled. "That ultrasound must have been magical."

"Don't worry, Adelaide. I love the names, I couldn't have thought of better names," Mike hugged her and looked at the President. "You're lucky I agreed to the middle name, sir."

"I'm honored to be stuck in the middle of Michael Banning," he smirked, and the three of them immediately laughed at the President's words.

Adelaide took a careful look at her family, the only ones missing were Connor and Mike's father, but Adelaide has never met him, Mike doesn't talk much about him. She placed her hand on her stomach as she thought that the amazing family she already had, and that it'll have an additional member in a couple of months.