2.1) Unexpected Travel

Three years later...

The President, the First Lady and Mike went for a run near the Lincoln Memorial.

"Hell of a presidential race, sir," Mike said as they kept running.

"Every day, the same damn joke," the President stated, almost out of breath.

Mike smirked at them and started running backwards. Adelaide rolled her eyes at him with a smile on her face, she loves the friendship her father and Mike built.

"Seriously?" The President looked at him as he chuckled. "What the hell do they make you out of?"

"Bourbon and poor choices," Mike answered, making her laugh. "She knows it's true."

"Have you picked a name yet?" Her father asked the both of them as Mike turned around and kept running forward.

"Dad, I'm only four weeks pregnant and you just found out yesterday," she said, her smile grew as she thought of her baby.

"I was thinking Benjamin if he was a boy," Mike said as he looked at the President whose smile grew wide with hope.

"Really?" He asked, only for Adelaide to burst out laughing.

"Hell no!" Mike yelled and he started to run faster.

"This is not a race!" Adelaide yelled at him as she started to ran faster too, leaving the President behind.

He stopped walking and took deep breaths, trying to compose himself, but he couldn't stop smiling. One of the cars caught up to him and the agent looked at him through the window.

"What? You wanna run him over for me?" The President told him and he chuckled.

"Believe me, sir, we've tried," the agent told him and he shook his head as he laughed.

Twenty minutes later, Adelaide lost her breath and stopped running, making Mike stop as well.

"You tired already?" He said and raised an eyebrow at her. "We've still got six more miles to go."

"I'll run them another day," she said and took a deep breath. "Are you coming with us? Or our place?"

"Adelaide, you know I don't—"

"–like walking around the White House in clothes that aren't part of the Secret Service dress code, I know, babe," she cut him off, only to finish what he would say. He smiled, she knew him too well. "I have an online meeting at eleven with UNICEF. Wanna grab some lunch after?"

"Yeah, sure," he nodded.

One of the cars pulled over next to them and the President rolled down the window.

"You okay?" He asked her and she nodded. "You've run more than that, sweetheart."

"It's probably the five tacos I ate last night," she breathed, making both of the men's eyes grow wide, she chuckled and looked at Mike. "I need to start eating more healthy, but first I need to eat all the junk food in our house so it's not there to tempt me anymore."

"That's the unhealthiest and most brilliant thing I've ever heard anyone say," Mike smiled at her.

"Damn," the president chuckled and looked at his watch. "You guys coming? I've got a meeting in an hour."

"Yeah, once second," she got on her tippy toes and kissed Mike's cheek, then turned to her father. "Scoot over."

Mike opened the door for her and closed it once she was inside.