"Cheating" Scandal

Nightmare groaned as he followed Ink through the ailses of the store. He loved Ink but could that damn hyperactive skeleton walk any faster?? His own lazy body could barely keep up.
    Sure, maybe this was his punishment for throwing a temper tantrum and practically destroying 99% if the food they had in their house. But ya know mistakes are made and he did apologize. So at this point this was just torture.

    "Hey are we almost done?" Nightmare groaned out, smiling ever so slightly when his lover latched an arm around his own.

    Ink hummed for a moment, almost like he was thinking.

    Nightmare snorted. Yeah. As if. If there was one thing Ink didnt do; it was think or use that non-existant brain of his to make smart decisions.

    Finally his lover let out a small laugh and shrugged. "No not yet, but you don't get to complain! You're the reason we're here in the first place!" Ink giggled and bumped his hip with Nightmares. "Lighten up a little, we are bonding! It's like a little date!"

    Nightmare scrunched his nose and gave the other a confused, almost disgusted look. "First of all, this isnt a date. Second of all if this is a date and this is where all are future dates are gonna be? I think I'm gonna have to rethink this relationship."

    Ink snorted and took a hold of Nightmares hand, swinging it back and forth between them.

    Sure, maybe this was defininetly a thought out punishment for destroying basically all the food in the house to a point where it wasnt edible.
But ya know? There was no one else Nightmare would rather be with. Just him and his lover walking through the store hand in hand having a good ol-

    "Holy mother of shitballs." Nightmare groaned out, his grip on Inks hand tightening.

    Of course they were here!! Of course they were marching like a mini parade in their direction as well!! Could he ever get a break??

    "Hey there, Dream," Ink paused. "Cross. Fancy seeing you here!" A warm smile made its way to his face, and he let his hand slip away from Nightmares to give the other bright and happy skeleton a hug.

    Nightmare grumbled and stuffed his hands in his jacket pockets, watching with a glare as Cross took a step torwards hi. before tugging on his jacket.

    "What the fuck do you want?" Nightmare hissed. Cross put his hands up in defense, a small smile on his face.

    "Mind if we step outside to talk for a sec? Got some fun news to share with you." Cross stated, lowering his hands back down to his sides, stuffing one of them in his jeans pocket.

    Nightmare narrowed his eyes and glanced at Dream and Ink who were giggling and talking with eachother before he let out a sigh. "Yeah sure, whatever, just make it quick."
    Nightmare rolled his eyelights when that smile returned to Cross' face and the other pulled him out of the store.

    Ink let out a small sigh as he watched Nightmare and Cross walk out of the store. It was alright. He could trust Nightmare. He could. Even if he didn't trust Cross a whole bunch, Night was his boyfriend! They had their mutual trust and love and he didn't need to worry...

    Dream placed a hand on Inks shoulder and gave the colourful skeleton a sad smile. "You know, word on the street is that Cross and Nightmare have been getting a lot closer lately.." Dream said, flinching ever so slightly when Ink quickly turned to look at him with a frown.

     "They never talk." Ink stated, shrugging Dreams hand off of him. "Like ever. I think your definition of 'closer' is slightly off."

    Dream blinked a few times and sighed softly. "Ink, you're my best friend. You know that.." Ink narrowed his sockets. "I- just...is Nightmare really the one for you?"

    Ink scoffed and shook his head in disbelief. "I'd like to think so, yes.." Ink frowned and glanced to the side. "I know we have issues Dream, like..a lot of them, but it all works out in the end..I think- I think maybe I'm helping him get better.

    He's been nicer lately, more gentle, sweet, caring. I think maybe that..that this is helping him get better! That I am helping him get better." Ink finished it off with a smile, glancing back at the sliding doors of the market.

    Dream deflated. Jeez, he was the bad guy wasnt he? Dream wouldnt deny hes noticed positive changes in Nightmare. It was relieving to see his twin slowly getting more content with his life. Happier. Plus Ink was learning emotions more, understanding them.
Stars, maybe this was all a bad idea.

    "Ink..I-..I think I need to tell you something." Dream said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I.."

    A loud crash and a shout came from outside.

    "Shit, that sounded like Nightmare." Ink hissed. "Come on! What if they are hurt?" Ink grabbed Dreams wrist and started pulling him outside. Dream widened his eyes.

    "I-I don't think they're hurt Ink! Actually, I'm 99% positive that there has been no physical harm done at all and maybe you should just listen to me before we step outside!" Dream said quickly. Nothing back from Ink, just more pulling and before Dream knew it they were outside.

    Oh crap.

    "Nightmare..?" Ink whispered.

    Dream cringed at the negative energy pouring out of everyone in this situation.

    "Ink I promise you this isn't what it looks like." Nightmare said, trying to get up.

    Yet before any more words were exchanged Ink was gone.

    Well shit.

----

(A/N): sorry for the wait, how short this one is and for doing the requests out of order! some are easier to get done then others! also my apologies for changing a bit of the request you ( heyrandomppl ) made! it kinda ended up being less if a continuation and more of a seperate story in itself. it also ended up being kind of put in a more modern time period?? anyway- i plan on making this a two parter just for funsies because cliff hangers are horrifying things. Also hopefully the next part will be longer then this. anywho!! thank u for reading! stick around for more updates if u liked what u read!