Chapter 14

Eden POV
I woke up sitting up quickly, sending a stinging pain throughout my back. I slowly stood up and took of the remainders of my shirt which wasn't much and looked in the mirror.  What the hell is this. My back was purple and blue bruised and bleeding but from what. Did I use my flames that much. I put a different shirt on gently preventing as much pain as possible then opened the door and Jax was standing there like he was about to knock we made dead eye contact for a second and I tried to close the door

"Eden please"

"Fuck that I'm not having it"

"It's Aspen" I stopped and let the door open.

"What, what happened" I asked completely ignoring his injuries.

"Can I come in" fear spread across my body making me begin to shake. I opened the door more allowing him to walk in. He closed the door and went to lock it.

"Don't" I blurted out. He stopped and stood there.

"Let me explain myself first"

"No what happened to Aspen"

"You want to know that you have to know the story" I clenched my jaw then nodded "I'll answer your questions" at this point I didn't hold back all my questions

"Why dead angles, why the fuck did you do it, why did you give me away like I was a toy you didn't want, why did you lie to me, why did you play with my fucking feelings?!" I said my cheek felt warm, I then realized I was crying but why I was just angry and frustrated, scared to be alone with him as well but I shouldn't be crying.

"They took me off the street one day when I went to the store in 9th grade and threatened my family, their quirks were unknown then, they wanted me to do a job for them and if I said anything to the cops or hero's they would kill my family and friends leaving me alone"

"So you did it?"

"Yea, I didn't know they were going to kill them though"

"That makes you a murderer Jax"

"I know ok, but I didn't do anything to you"

"Like hell you did, do you see wings on my back mother fucker?"

"They called me again with the same threats the night we were gaming, they wanted to meet up, me not wanting my friends and family to get hurt I went and they told me they wanted you, to kill you I said I wasn't going to do it. And they went on about how I have to listen to my leader, when I said I wasn't part of their club they did this" he lifted his shirt revealing a mark like mine on his hip but with the number 6. I touched my thigh remembering the pain it was to have burning hot metal placed on your skin twice in the same spot. "I didn't throw you away Eden, I didn't want you to know about what happened so I told you Noah needed me, and it's why I said split up during training my hip was in horrible pain, I didn't play with your feelings either, I actually was into you" I blushed it was at the wrong time but I couldn't stop it. I would be lying if I say I didn't feel the same but I still don't know if I could trust him.

"How can I believe you?"

"I got into an argument with the leader and Aspen and Zade heard it, it was on speakerphone it didn't go well and he sent a girl names Jessica to get someone I cared for, I thought it was my sister but it ended up to be, Aspen I fucked up and got them both hurt and Aspen... she got the same mark on her ribs"

"What? where is she?"

"In the hospital"

"Have they seen her mark?"

"She refuses to let people see it" what he was saying was a long shot but for some reason it made sense and I wanted to believe him I did believe him but trusting him was still something That needed work. I walked to my closet and got a black sweater "where are you going"

"To Aspen"

"You cant we are still on lockdown"

"That's to bad" I went to the door and I felt a hand on my shoulder Making images go though my head

"Eden~"

"DONT FUCKING TOUCH ME!" I screamed the feeling of something going through my back shot through it making me yelp.

"Eden" he kneed to my side and I moved away

"Get away from me" I said curling into a ball

"What did they do to you?" Tears streamed down my face as a voice rang through my ears.

"So pretty, would hate to see such an art piece brake" my breathing picked up. "Shhhh It's ok you'll feel good soon" I shook my head trying to stop them but they kept on coming. Hands were wrapped around me and I gasped.

"No stop" I said trying to push him away

"Please, I won't hurt you... I promise"

Flashbacks
"Eden I promise that I won't let anything happen to you"

"I promise I won't tell anyone about your dads"

"I promise I won't do anymore villainous acts"

"I promise I'll be here for you"

Now
"I won't hurt you...I promise"

I never did realize how important a promise was to me until someone broke one with me.

"I promise I'll be gentil"

He wasn't gentil. A promise may just be words but they are two words and they are the second most important ones to me.

I let myself be venerable for the first time in years. I stopped pushing him away and curled into his chest and cried. This guy, the one I thought hurt me, the one that's here now, is the one I'm trusting the first that I let hold me. The one I think I fell for.

Once I stopped crying I got back up and grabbed my bag. "You still going to see her"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Just wondering, I'll go with you" I looked at him and he was looking at the wall

"What are you doing?"

"Did your wings grow back?"

"No the doctor said they won't come back, why" he walked over to the wall and pulled out something and walked back to me and put it in my hand. It was cobalt blue and soft

A feather.

"I think they will come back" I smiled slightly and hugged him I put the feather in my pocket i grabbed my first aid kit since that is what got me fixed up without an infection

"Let's get going"