19 | Encounter

"I do."

Luhan closed his eyes, and lowered his head in defeat. His heart ached, not because Jessica married someone else, but because she married someone like Jackson. He didn't deserve her.

Luhan could treat her better than Jackson ever could.

"I do want to accept him as my lawful husband but I can't."

Luhan immediately looked up, shocked when he heard those words from Jessica's lips. He watched as she stepped back from Jackson and turned to her parents.

"I'm sorry but I can't go through this," she stated firmly but he could see through that strong act. She was trembling in fear and with every eye on her, he could imagine the breakdown she must be having right now.

"Jessica baby," Jackson tried to pull her back, but she spun around sharply and slapped his hand away.

"Don't baby me Jeon Jackson. I'm sick of you, go get married to some hoe who can actually stay loyal to you because I never was according to you. Right?" Jessica growled in anger and took off her veil, throwing it away, carelessly.

"Jessica stop this nonsense," her mother held her wrist and she sighed, looking at the older woman.

"I'm tired mom," she whispered and shrugged off the hold on her. "I'm a grown up woman now and I need not please anyone," she stepped back. "You can have your growth in business without me getting married to this asshole, mom. I hope that you will understand that some day," she whispered, giving her mother and father a look of disappointment.

"Woah! Baekhyun hyung you were right."

Everyone turned silent, and turned towards Sehun who was cheering like a kid, well he was for a start. His eyes fell on Jessica and he exclaimed loudly. "Noona, did you know Baekhyun hyung predicted that you won't get married today, and see you broke it off."

Baekhyun lowered his head, embarrassed while Hera facepalmed as she groaned in frustration. Sehun and Baekhyun were really getting on her nerves and she wanted nothing more than to smack some senses in both of them.

"Sehun sit down," Luhan tried to pull him down and he pouted.

"I know you're jealous of Baekhyun Hyung," he pointed at Luhan and turned to Jessica, who had her mouth open in disbelief. "Noona, Luhan hyung was also rooting for your breakup. He's head over heels for you," he chimed and Luhan sank in the seat.

This is a disaster. Hera glared at Baekhyun who just smiled weakly and then pulled Sehun's ear. "Apologize for the nonsense you've been spitting," she hissed.

"Ah aah aah noona that hurts!" Sehun groaned and then looked at Jackson. "Ya! you're the bad guy. Because of you, noona is pulling my aah aah," he tried to pry Hera's hand off his ear but failed.