31 | Time

"Just accept it Hera."

She looked outside, completely ignoring the furious man sitting beside her and clenched her hands in fists. She couldn't believe her boss insulted a waiter in front of everyone and then refused to apologize. He truly was an asshole!

"Talk to me dammit!" Baekhyun growled and she sighed before turning her head to look at him.

"But it still was childish of you sir," she shot back. "Scolding the waiter just because he added cucumber in your food?" she said in disbelief. "It's a height of insanity."

"I hate cucumber," he stated, his nostrils flared with anger and she laughed, sarcastically.

"I hate you. I'm still working though!" she blurted out and he narrowed his eyes. "What? it's true."

"You're drunk," he taunted. "I don't think you'll say something like this in sober time."

"Just say you're scared of me leaving you," she smirked and he scoffed. "Oh come on sir. You can't do a thing without me."

"Don't flatter yourself," Baekhyun grumbled. "Whole meeting was a mess because of you," he said, annoyed that she asked him to apologize for his behavior.

"Apologizing to the waiter was the best part of the deal," she grinned. "And if your clients still think you did wrong by apologizing to your inferior? Then they don't deserve to be a part of our company. "

"I can't believe it all happened because of that fucking cucumber," he snickered and she huffed.

"I like cucumber," she commented.

"I don't like you," he rolled his eyes and she glared at him.

"Fine. I'm leaving you alone," she replied and crossed her arms against her chest. "Prepare my resignation letter tomorrow."

"Really?" Baekhyun gritted out and she nodded as she started staring out of the window again. "You know that I'm addicted to you. That's why this attitude. Right?"

"No. This attitude is because I need you to appreciate my importance in your life," she looked at him. "Because of my departure... I don't think you'll survive it," she said, seriously.

"Oh please!"

"Sir, appreciate people in your life. Either you will end up alone," Hera said and he looked away. "Please."

Baekhyun sighed and turned to look ahead when his eyes met with the approaching death. He yelled at the driver to focus on the road. A truck was heading in their direction and in a slow motion their car dodged it, instead colliding with a nearby tree.