CHAPTER EIGHT

Jeonghan and Mingyu were ready for this moment and here it comes. The police are here. The couple looked at each other and Mingyu goes to open the front door. A police detective walked inside their neat house and Jeonghan goes to prepare him a cup of coffee while Mingyu leads the man in the living room. The detective sees the toys but Mingyu quickly lied and said that they often look after his small nephew. Jeonghan is back with the coffee and the detective takes a sip before putting the cup down and opening a small note pad.

"Sir, you are a teacher and one of your students - Park Jihoon - went missing. Can you remember if he had troubles with his parents or with other students?"

Jeonghan knows how to act shocked. He slightly opened his mouth while his eyes filled with tears.

"Oh my God ... that is terrible."

Mingyu grabs his husband's hand and Jeonghan pretends that he is thinking hard. After a few minutes, he shakes his head no and looked at the detective.

"I am sorry but I don't think that he had troubles. He is very smart and quiet."

The detective nods and writes something in his note pad.

"The principal said that you quit your job a few days ago. Can I know why?"

Mingyu is a bit annoyed by this nosy man and strokes his husband's back to look like the most concerned husband on this planet.

"My husband was diagnosed with leukemia two weeks ago. We decided to take a break and focus on getting healthy again."

Jeonghan sobs a few times to look like a scared patient and the police detective apologized and closed his small note pad.

"I am sorry for bothering you. Anyway, it looks like he simply ran away from home."

Jeonghan raised his head and looks shocked.

"Really? That's so sad, I hope that you will find him soon."

Mingyu leads the man out of their house and then smiled on Jeonghan. They played it perfectly and now it is time to check their little baby. The doctor and new daddy gives sedatives to Jihoon so he sleeps for 10 hours every night. Like this, they will shape his daily schedule and Jihoon can't do anything about it. They silently opened the door of the nursery and walked inside. Their small kitten is still asleep, he is tightly but comfortably swaddled in a baby blue blanket. Jeonghan leaned down over the railing of the crib and untied the blanket. Jihoon is slowly starting to wake up and squirms a bit while Jeonghan laid him down on the changing table and opened his soiled diaper. Jihoon casts his eyes away from the man who is wiping his dirty bottom and then Jeonghan fastened another diaper around his waist. Jeonghan picked him up and they go downstairs. Jihoon looked at Mingyu who is walking behind them. Mingyu lifted the tray of his highchair and Jeonghan sat their baby inside.

Jihoon sighed and squirms in the harness which is binding him to the chair. He hates the stupid chair. He is already very short but in this chair, his legs won't touch the ground, his only option is to angrily kick his legs in the air which isn't bothering the two men. Mingyu only ran a finger beneath the straps to test if the gap between Jihoon's body and the harness isn't too big. He pulled the straps tighter so the harness holds Jihoon's back completely flat against the chair back and he can't squirm much. There is one plastic bar connecting the seat to the tray table. It is meant to keep the baby from falling through the gap but it isn't necessary - the harness ensured that he can't even move much. Jihoon wriggled in the warm diaper and tossed his head back. He hates this! The bar between his thighs and the puffy diaper is forcing Jihoon to spread his legs and he feels so small and helpless.

The men are tall and move around the kitchen to prepare breakfast for their impatient baby. Jihoon wants to cry because they turned him into a vulnerable little thing. If he is hungry, cold or dirty, he has to wait for them to help him. His legs and arms are useless and move only a bit before feeling that his limbs are too heavy. Jeonghan cooked oatmeal for their baby and then he put the white plastic bowl with the grey oatmeal on the highchair's tray. Jihoon wants to grab the spoon made from soft rubber but Mingyu gently holds his fragile wrist.

"You are too little for using a spoon. Daddy doesn't want to change your clothes so soon."

Mingyu only smiled when he sees Jihoon's frown. The man only takes off the pacifier gag and wants to grab the spoon but Jeonghan stopped.

"Let's see if our baby is so independent as he thinks."

Jeonghan smiles at his husband who is a bit confused but something in Jeonghan's eyes ensured him that he knows what he is doing. Mingyu gave the spoon back to Jihoon who victoriously smiled. However, this victory doesn't last long. Jihoon realized that his arms are uncoordinated and feel like made from jelly. He stares at his fingers which are trying to firmly grip the spoon and avoids looking at the two men who are watching him. Jihoon's fingers are shaking and refuse to bend properly but he isn't giving up. He isn't a baby, he is old enough to eat on his own. The boy is almost crying when he tries to lift the spoon. His arm moved a bit and then his whole hand fell down in the bowl with the oatmeal. He still doesn't want to give up so he scoops a bit of the oatmeal with the spoon and opened his mouth. He is quite hungry and it smells good but his arm doesn't want to lift from the bowl. It takes a few minutes before he shakily and slowly raised the spoon to his lips but then his hand started to shake more than before and the spoon aimed at his cheek instead of his mouth. Jihoon feels that the warm oatmeal is sticking to his cheek and then tries to get the spoon in his mouth but the only thing he achieved is getting more oatmeal on his face.

Mingyu and Jeonghan are watching their messy baby with eyes full of affection. Mingyu smirked inside his head because now he understands his husband's plans. Their baby needs to understand that his daddies are here to take care of him. Jihoon's arm got tired and he dropped the spoon. He is exhausted and ashamed and feels a few hot tears leaving his eyes. And then Jeonghan announced two words which completely wrecked Jihoon's existence.

"Bath time!"