Chapter 13

TW: James Hamilton Sr.

Alex POV

After my birthday I just kinda pretended the day never happened. It was fun don't get me wrong, but the entire time I was worried something was going to happen to the people I care about. 

But anyway, that was a couple weeks ago. Today I got a text from an unknown number. I decided to respond with the intention to piss them off, however when I read the text I was freaked out.

{Unknown Number}

[Is this Alexander Hamilton?]

[Can I help you?]

[You're in New York right?]

[Who is this?]

[Meet me here and you'll find out who I am. Don't bring anyone else.]

[Location Sent]

[Why should I met you there? Who is this and what do you want?]

[Please. Just meet me here. Alone. Everything will be clear after you do]

[How do I know you aren't trying to kill me?]

[Trust me. I just want to see you again. It's been a while]

[Fine. But don't try anything. Keep in mind I am carrying a wepon]

I put away my phone so I can meet this mystery person. John and Eliza are in class so I wrote a quick note and put it on the coffee table.

"Hey guys. I'm meeting up with someone. Be back soon"

And I made my way to the coffee shop after grabbing a pocket knife from the kitchen drawer. You know, the one where you put random crap with no other place to put it. Does everyone have that?

I walk there and as I get closer I grab a tighter hold onto the pocket knife. Not risking my life after I just got everything.

When I get there I get a cup of coffee and sit down at one of the tables since I have no clue who I'm actually meeting up with. I drink my coffee while I also keep my guard up.

A guy comes up to the table im seated at with his hood up.

"You the person texting me?" I ask worriedly. He nods.

"I thought you would be happy to see me Alex," The guy says. My voice catches in my throat as he removes his hood.

"Actually I was hoping you of all people died in the hurricane," I hiss.

"Oh don't be like that Alex," He says.

"I'm going to be like that. Why are you here?" I state.

"I wanted to see you again."

"Its been almost ten years. Its to late for you to want to be apart of my life James."

"I am your father. You don't call me by my name," He hisses.

"Fathers don't leave their children because his soulmate was forced to do something by her parents James," I respond. Then I get up and leave the coffee shop before he can try anything.

I got back to the dorms before John and Elizas classes ended so I grabbed the note and threw it away, deciding to act like it never happened.

Although, I know they will be able to tell that I'm upset about something. I mean who wouldn't be upset about something like this?

He tracked me down for crying out loud! Who does that for someone they left?

He probably just wanted something from me anyway. I ain't giving that man anything ever again.

He doesn't desurve anything from me anyway.

"You okay?" John asks as he gets back from classes.

"Yeah I am. Why?" I respond.

"Because earlier you were nervous about something," He states.

"I'm fine I promise," I smile, just to make my act more believable.

"If you say so," He mumbles then he walks into the office to either play with his turtle or do school work. Honestly you never know with John.

Eliza comes back a bit later and asks me the same series of questions. I give the same answers.

I know that neither of them believe me but I can't let them know. They're so happy and I don't want to bother them with my problems.

I decided that I won't let that man destroy anymore of my life. He isn't worth my time so I won't give him it.

I grab my journal and start writing about what happened so I don't have to dwell on it any longer.