The Basement

EDIT: me in the future! I just realised that in this chapter there was some italian frases couse my head was all gone (yes I'm italian. Ciao Marzia!!) If you find some other frases like this, pls comment.

I began to doubt my choice.

What if she didn't come today? What if she didn't even care to come? What if I'm not nice enough for her? And now you're going to say, 'Sean, you're so boring when you do that.' I know. That's why a lot of people hate me and I hate myself. Hours passed since I left school, so I started playing Dark Souls. It was one of the hardest videogames series with The Elder Scrolls (at least for me) but I started playing to pass the time. I was about half an hour stuck at one point in the game, which made me a little angry. I'd try again and again, but nothing. I died again, and this time I threw the controller directly onto the wall. I ran to get him back, begging for it not to break. Luckily it was still intact. I didn't even worry about the noise, because my mom was with that fucking Ryan all day. I'd try again.

'You died' 

'try again?' 

Go fuck yourself.

As I tried again, I heard the sound of the housebell. Oh Jesus she's here. Oh jesus what I do. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. I didn't expect that. I looked at the kitchen completely dirty. Let's hope she doesn't notice. I cleaned myself from the crumbs of the sandwich I had made for a snack and went to open the door to her. I watched her smile. She was wearing a black T-shirt and tight leather jeans. She had loose hair and a coffee-colored cap. "H-Hey" she said "I'm sorry you didn't expect me." "No, no, It's fine."I answered a little nervouse. "Sorry if the house looks like a disgrace, I didn't thought you'd actually come." "No, that's fine. Always better than mine." She laughed." "However, I'm not here for today's group work," she replied "I wanted to make sure that this was the right address. And to come and say hello." she turned to me with a huge smile. "Obviously, if now is the right time. I mean, if you want I can go a-a... " "No, stay, really." She blushed a little, and I did a little too. I made her sit on the couch while I got her something to drink, then I turned and screamed: "FUCK, THE PS3!" I ran towards it, but as I tried to push the shut-down button, she stopped me: "DON'T" She yelled too, with her hand towards me. "If you try to turn it off directly from the console, you can break it. I advise you to turn it off with the controller."  He started smiling at me, and I laughed."And then, Dark Souls?" she laughed too. She moved towards the controller, noticing the dent due to my anger attack. "You didn't rage during the game, did you?" I sighed, nodding. "Did you keep the console box?" she asked me. " "Y-Yes, I think so." I accompanied her to my room and put the box on the desk "Why did you ask for it?" She ignored me and opened the black box and pulled out a bag with other controller components that I didn't even know existed. She laughed silently. "What's wrong?"  "Do you have a screwdriver?" .

I looked at her impressed. Did she really offer to fix my controller? ""Y-Yes, I should have one in the basement." I moved to the basement that led to the old, dirty basement. It made me shiver, but it made me shiver the shadow behind me. I turned to it, sighing with relief when I found out it was only Evelien trying to take the torch from the next to the door. "Buh!" she said jokingly, understanding my situation. the room was very small. It contained only my dad's old tools. I decided not to think about it too much. I began to look around the screwdriver he asked me. I opted for the old tool bag thrown at the corner, unused since... Anyway, I went towards it and opened it, and I almost cried. A picture of me, dad and my mother. My mother was gorgeous and I was very small, and my father was stroking my head. We looked like this... Happy. But just as the tear was running down my cheek, I heard Gab exclaim, "You found it!" as she stuck his hand inside the box. He took the screwdriver and brought it to the table before, along with the controller and the PS3 bag. Within 3 seconds, the controller was already disassembled and ready to be repaired. As he began to handle the tool, I decided to have a conversation. "So, how come you asked the professor to let us work together?" she began to blush. "You know, when I found out through your tattoos that you were a video gamer like me, I thought , 'Wow, this is different.' You know it's rare these days to find gamers playing decent video games, so the first thought that came to mind was 'I NEED TO BE FRIEND WITH HIM' I know it sounds weird, but I haven't had any friends in a long time, I never go out, which is why you've never seen me before, and I'm pretty introverted. I didn't want to sit there and watch, so I thought we could start to hang out a-and..."All of a sudden she started to stutter, and I comforted her as always. "Hey, you did great. I'm glad you had the courage to come forward. I understand you very well. I've had a pretty messy life too, even I haven't had any friends in the last few years, but things can always change." I looked at her dark eyes as they glittered, "And I'm glad I could be your friend." 

We smiled at each other for a few seconds, before I asked her as she finished to reinstall the controller "So, do you want to play Dark Souls?".

A/N ok guys sorry for not uplouding things lately. 

Also I wanted to say some stuff about this. I just realised that it's not true that it's rare that people don't play videogames like this. I now it's completly bullshit but, where I live it is. I never met someone who knew what Undertale is before I told them. I never met someone who liked The Walking Dead, and I never met someone to watch Jack, Mark or Pewds togheter. In here, I never met someone who even knew who they are actually. Everyone is flexing on their ps4, when the only two games they have on it are Fortnite and Rocket League. My mum hates videogames so badly that she never bought me new console. I only have my brother's ps3 and the psp, and of course, the few games are old. This year I fighted so much that I finally got my mother to buy me a used version of  The Last Of Us found on a shitty website on the internet for ten euros. And every one now is playing The Last Of Us 2. I Always loved videogames so much siince I was a kid. I thought that I was the only nerd who liked those tipes of games, and that on YouTube there were only a few milions of people watching them, and then I descovered Pewdiepie.

105 millions of people like me.

I'm not gonna talk about Jack and Mark, couse this A/N is going to be a lot more long than it has to be.

Anyway, let's just take a minute to thank the inventors of the internet, couse without them, I don't know where I would be now.

I just hope that I wasn't too much emotional on this last part :)

Tenth chupter soon V//V