05 | noctiphany

— STARRY STARRY NIGHT —

STARRY STARRY NIGHT

WOULD YOU DANCE
WITH ME AND
FORGET THE REST
OF THE WORLD?

     JAMIE FOUND HERSELF DREAMING about Yoringal, the person who she had tried so very hard to forget

     JAMIE FOUND HERSELF DREAMING about Yoringal, the person who she had tried so very hard to forget. It was no doubt, a pleasant dream. Despite wanting to forget the past, Jamie was ecstatic to have seen her best friend again, even if it was only a dream. She unconsciously smiles, clutching her blanket closer to her.

     Most of them were asleep while some of the soldiers kept guard, so as to avoid sudden attacks. It had been a tiring day of planning, and Peter was still thinking about what Jamie had said. He refused to give in to her opinion, for he had such pride, yet he couldn't deny that she had made several points.

     Rethinking the events that had happened earlier, he had come to the conclusion that going on the warrior queen's bad side was not ideal. He thought she was intimidating, and made a note not to anger her in the future.

     Edmund couldn't stop thinking about Jamie in a different light, though. He had sparred with her earlier that day and he was astonished at how swiftly and graceful her attacks were. She was no doubt, a very skilled swordsman. That's why he lay there, unable to sleep.

     His thoughts wandered to Jamie's physical features. The way her icy blue eyes would glint in mischief when something she does involves her using her weapons, the way her dark hair would shine in the sunlight, the way she'd look at him weirdly. It was all a very new feeling for Edmund, he had never encountered such a thing before, and he was sure he wouldn't in the near future.

      Yet here she was, making him rack his brain for ways to catch her attention.

     He smiles to himself, thinking about seeing Jamie in battle tomorrow when they attack Miraz's castle. He may have disliked her at first, for she had every intention to slit his throat the first time she laid her eyes on him, but as the days went by, he had began to notice her more.

     Back in Jamie's dream, the first scene revealed to be when she had a peaceful afternoon riding her horse with Yoringal. The two had discovered a grassy field, where flowers bloomed and butterflies roamed. It was a rare sight at that time in Narnia, so they decided to enjoy it to themselves.