06 | assault

— NIGHTLY CASTLE RAID —

NIGHTLY CASTLE RAID

SAY MY NAME
AND I MIGHT
JUST SPARE YOU

     THE MOON WAS HIGH up in the vast expense of sky, and the night was as silent as a dreamless void

     THE MOON WAS HIGH up in the vast expense of sky, and the night was as silent as a dreamless void. A gryphon silently flaps its wings, carrying Edmund towards the Telmarine castle. The earth had a foggy atmosphere, making it perfect for a surprise visit.

     The young king gives a silent signal for landing as the gryphon soundlessly swoops down. A telmarine soldier stood on guard when the gryphon had managed to land on top of the tower, careful to set Edmund down.

     It was astonishing how even the smallest noise from the roof due to the new weight above  had caused the soldier to turn to the source of the sound. Edmund, together with the gryphon, hurriedly avoided the soldier's line of sight, preferring to stay hidden until the soldier had made a conclusion that the sound had been nothing.

     In a swift move, the gryphon grabs the soldier, lifting him up from the ground with his huge claws. Their plan being a success so far, Edmund jumps down, replacing the soldier's empty post. That soldier's going to lose his job, Jamie thought, who was hovering above the fog, watching the whole scene, or worse lose his life.

     She found it quite funny, how these were the things she had been thinking when everyone's mindset is taking the Telmarine castle down. Her thoughts wandered back to the events that had occured last night, she knew it was wrong of her to think about it now, especially in the situation they were in, but she just couldn't seem to stop thinking about it.

     Meanwhile, Edmund looks around the tower, but no other soldier was in sight. Leaning down on the ledge to look at the courtyard, he spotted a number of Telmarine soldiers, but each were too occupied to mind him and the fact that their castle will be under attack in a matter of minutes.

     Edmund came to the conclusion that it was time, consequently he pulling out his torch. Using the device, he switches the torch on and off as a signal that it was safe.