10 | uprising

— EVIL SHALL PREVAIL —

CAN JADIS PLEASE
STOP SAYING THE
SAME PHRASE
OVER AND OVER AGAIN?

     CASPIAN WAS VERY MUCH deep in thought as he stared at the drawings etched on the walls of the cave

     CASPIAN WAS VERY MUCH deep in thought as he stared at the drawings etched on the walls of the cave. He never imagined the Kings and Queens of old to be like this at all. He had imagined them in a very different light, and he did not expect to get otherwise.

     He was broken out of his thoughts when Nikabrik approached him with such a question. "Are you so glad of that magic horn now, boy?" Caspian turns to look at the dwarf who had a different glint in his eyes as he looks up at Caspian. The prince didn't quite understand, for this was something new. "Your Kings and Queens have failed us. Your army's half dead, and those that aren't will be soon enough."

     "What do you want? Congratulations?" Caspian asks in a sardonic tone. Clenching his jaw, he was still quite pissed at the high king who had been getting on his nerves ever since the first time they laid their eyes upon one another. Peter was against everything Caspian ever stood up for, and he was done with that fact.

     "You want your uncle's blood? So do we." The dwarf starts to say, an ominous tone in his voice as it drops at least an octave lower. "You want his throne? We can get it for you." Nikabrik had a devious smirk on his face as he starts to walk past Caspian. Unknowing to the dwarf's intentions, Caspian silently follows him to the room Aslan's stone table lay, still confused about what the dwarf had told him.

     "You tried one ancient power. It failed." Nikabrik was beginning to get really weird, Caspian had thought. "But there is a power greater still. One that kept even Aslan at bay for near a hundred years." Caspian averts his gaze from the dwarf to look straight ahead of him. The Telmarine Prince wasn't quite sure what to think of what Nikabrik had said just now, so he waited to see the explanation.

     Just then, a low growling sound echoed throughout the room, resulting in Caspian's hands to immediately go to his sword and unsheathe it just in case. Looking frantically for the source of the growl, he steps forward to check it out.