Chapter 3

Michael's POV

I was shattered. My fiancee died and I didn't even said goodbye before she did. Police said that the cause of her accident is a girl who ran on a street.

That girl ruined everything. She killed my innocent fiancee and the worst is she won't even get charged for that. But I will make her pay.

Funeral will be held in two days. I organized everything so Stephanie could rest in peace. I'm so hurt that I won't get to see her everytime I come home. She won't be there and everything happened because of that girl.

Sofia's POV

''So Mrs. Reed, will you tell us what happened? Every detail, please.'' Policeman asked me in my hospital room.

''Me and my friend came in a club. I didn't want to dance so I stayed on a bar stool and ordered soda. Some man came to me and wanted to flirt but I declined every of his offer. I was looking around for Chloe but she was nowhere in sight and that man was pestering me so Ieft outside when I started seeing black dots in my vision. Then the next thing I remember is that car hit me while I was crossing the street.'' I explained everything.

''Why did you start seeing black dots?''
''I don't know. I just drank soda, not alcohol.''
''Okay then. Thank you for cooperating.'' He smiled and left outside with one more policeman.

The moment they left, my mom and sister entered the room again.
''Are you okay baby?'' My mom asked me as she caressed my cheek.
''I am, mom. Don't need to worry anymore.'' I smiled.
''How can I not worry princess?''
''Sofi, does your head hurt?'' Gabi asked me holding my hand.
''Not anymore.'' She smiled satisfied with the answer.

''I think you should go get rest. I can be here alone for awhile.'' I say.
''Are you sure? I don't want to leave you.''
''It will be okay mom. Go get rest.''
''Promise me you'll be okay.''
''I promise, now go.'' I chuckled.
She kissed my cheek and took Gabriella's hand before waving me.

I sighed and got comfortable on the bed. I started thinking about other person who was in the car. Is he or she okay? Why nobody told about her or him?

My eyes started to drop, but I opened them fully when I saw some buff man coming inside. He had brown eyes and light brown hair, but his look told me something is wrong.

''Who are you?'' I asked.
''I was the fiancè of the person you killed.'' He spat and stood at the edge of a bed.
''I didn't kill anyone.'' I shook my head but my eyes already swelled up with tears.
''You killed my fiancee when you crossed that f***ing street.''

The person in the car is dead? She was his fiancee and I'm at fault because of that. I should have never crossed that street. Now this man won't have to suffer. I started crying because I felt so much burden and guilt inside me.

''I'm sorry. I didn't know she was your fiancee. I'm so sorry.'' I choked through the tears.
''Now do you say sorry?'' He walked over to me and grabbed my throat.
''Do you really think one measly apology will bring back my fiancee? Do you really think that? Huh?'' He squeezed my throat to the point it started to hurt.

I started coughing because of the lack of air. He released my throat but my coughing didn't stop. I grabbed my inhaler and took few deep breaths.

''I know that my apology won't bring your fiancee back, but that's the only thing I can do. I'm really sorry. I should have never crossed that street. I'm so sorry.'' I cried out.
''I'll make sure to put you in jail where you really belong to.'' He spat and left my room slamming the door.

I started crying harder when everything came back at me. I'm a murderer and I got away with that. I'm a bad person. I'm really a bad person. I repeated that in my head as I fell asleep.