Chapter 5

Sofia's POV

I had a dream about him this night. Or should I say a nightmare. In my dream he was choking me and his eyes were pitch black. Then he released me and when I wanted to take my inhaler, he smashed it with his foot.

It was horibble nightmare. I know that he hates me, but at least he doesn't need to come in my dreams. I want to sleep peacefully, but it's been hard since the accident.

Yesterday was first time in two weeks that I didn't fell asleep in tears. That doesn't mean I don't feel guilty everyday, because I really do.

While I was taking shower, I noticed small lump on my left boob. I thought nothing of it, but when I touched it, it hurt a little. I planned to arrange the appointment with doctor about it.

I was looking through best gynecologists in the town and decided on first ranked doctor. He has private clinic so maybe it will be more comfortable.

I called the number of the clinic when female voice answered.
''Good morning! This is Ross Clinic. What can I help you with?''
''Hello. I wanted to arrange the appointment for a check up.'' I answered nervously.
''Yes, of course. When do you want it?''
''As sooner as possible.''
''Okay then. Dr. Ross is free this afternoon around 2 p.m. Can you make it by then?''
''Yes, I can.''
''Great then. Just give me your full name and age, please.''
''Sofia Reed. I'm 20 years old.''
''Okay then. Thank you and I'll see you at the afternoon.''
''Thank you very much. Goodbye.''
''Goodbye Mrs. Reed.''

I hung down and exhaled deep breath. I never went to gynecologist. What if I say something to embarass myself? But afterall, I'm going because of my health and I shouldn't be embarassed about that.

I took a shower and scrubbed myself to be as cleanest as possible. I brushed my teeth and put on my coconut parfem. I put my hair in a ponytail. I got dressed in black pants and white T-shirt.

When I finished it was half past 1 p.m. I took my purse and slipped in my white sneakers. I got inside my car and typed the location in GPS.

Traffic was big and I came there after half an hour. I got annoyed with other cars. I made it to a clinic and parked on a free spot I found.

I got so nervous while entering the clinic. The clinic was very modern looking and very clean. I got to the reception where older woman was.

''Hello! I have the appointment now.''
''Oh Mrs. Reed, right?'' She smiled to me.
''Yes.'' I nodded.
''Follow me.'' She got up from her chair and walked towards white door where was written Dr. Ross. She opened the door for me and I was met with big room.

On one side was bed like one of those in hospital and at the corner was L-shaped table with computer on it. But there was no sign of doctor.

''Please sit here. Dr. Ross will come in a minute.'' She gestured towards the chair in front of the table.
''Thank you.'' I smiled and sat on the chair.

She left me alone to wait. I don't even know who is this doctor or what is he like. I'm scared to find out what's hiding behind this lump.

I was kicking my legs back and forth as my heart was thumping hard. I jumped up when the door opened. I got up and turned around to see...him?

''You?'' He asked surprised.
''Hi?'' I said, but it came out as a stutter.

He shook his head in disbelief and sat on his chair. I ploped back on my chair still shocked.

''I'm Dr. Ross. What can I help you with?'' He said that harshly.
''I'm sorry for coming here. I didn't know you are the doctor.''
''Does it matter? Anyway I'm keeping things professional in my workplace.''
I nodded my head.

''So what's the matter?'' He asked but this time more softer.
''I found some lump on my left breast. I didn't have that before so I wanted to check up on it.'' I fidgeted with my fingers nervously.
''Okay. Go sit on a bed and remove your shirt and bra.'' He blurted out.

''What?'' My cheeks got red.
''You said you came for a check up. So I'm going to check you up.'' He said with annoyance.
''Do I really need to take my bra off?''
''Listen here, I said go sit on a bed and remove your top. I don't have time of the world for you.''

I nodded my head feeling guilty that I pissed him off. I put my purse on his table and went to sit on a bed. He put on white gloves while I was removing my T-shirt.

I felt really uneasy with removing my bra. He seemed to had enough when he unclipped my bra himself. I blushed deep red as my bra fell down. My heart was thumping so loud that I thought it will jump out.

I jumped a little when he touched my left boob. He was touching it everywhere and pressed his fingers on certain spots. He finally found it when he raised his eyes to me.

''Was it here where you found it?''
I nodded as I couldn't form any words.
''You need to take X-ray. We can do it now.'' He helped me down and I followed him to another smaller room.

I was done with that and finally put on my clothes back. I sat back in a chair as I watched him throw the gloves in a trash can.

''So what's wrong with me?''
''I think you have breast cancer.'' He said nonchalantly.
''What? How's that even possible?'' My eyes begin to water.
''I'm kidding. It's nothing serious.''
''What was about keeping things professional?'' I snapped.

''I was just joking. Anyway you need to take small surgery to remove a cyst that formed.''
''A surgery?''
''Yeah, a problem?''
''Will it hurt?''
''No, but I can make it possible.'' He smirked.
''If you want to.''

He had sour expression on his face when I said that. Tears were threating to spill from my eyes but I held it back.

''My nurse will tell you when can we agree for a surgery.'' I nodded and took my purse.
''Thank you Dr. Ross.'' I said and exited his door. Professional, huh?