Let's talk about MURDER

Tord's pov

Ah, the lovely sounds of screaming.
Everyone has their own little tune when they do it. Some scream high, some low, some cry, some are completely still if they're boring. Those types of people are the worst. It's no fun seeing the life drain out of them like their blood. It's like they're asking for it.

Hmm... well at least this woman understands pure fear. Just look at her! She's shaking, crying, letting out all of those beautiful sounds as her insides pour out right in front of her eyes. It's glorious.

I could hear some more yelling from outside accompanied by... sirens? Ugh seriously?! Why do those guys always have to ruin my fun?

I let out an annoyed sigh, looking back at the now dead woman lying on the floor, eyes still wide and wound still fresh with blood oozing out. It sent a shiver down my spine before leaving.

**********time skip cuz idk how he got outta the building*********

I was back home, opening a can of cola, the tv running in the background while I sat on the couch. I propped my legs on the coffee table in front of me, feeling accomplished of what I had done today.

The tv channel I had turned on the news channel, 'BREAKING NEWS' written at the bottom of the screen, a woman with a microphone talking in front of a building. The same building I killed that woman in.

Interested, I turned up the volume, listening closely to the report.

"Another murder has been committed here in this quiet neighborhood. The death of 'Emma Jonesworth' was one of many victims over the past month. Over 20 people have been found dead in their homes, their killer, or killers, still remaining a mystery. It seems a serial killer is out on a killing-spree, and we advise all citizens to stay indoors at night and lock all door and windows."

I chuckled proudly at what the woman said. Gotta love that attention my hobby's getting, even if they don't know I'm the one doing it.

Although... thinking more about it I realized something.

People are going to be more careful. I mean... I realized that after the first couple of murders. But those always happened in much bigger and louder neighborhoods. Now that I went for a quiet one... I won't be able to get into any house. I won't be able to quench my thirst for blood and screams. I won't be able to satisfy my hunger for seeing the pain in other people's eyes.

Unless...

I attack a smaller neighborhood.

One a little far from town so the people don't know what's been happening. One with hardly any contact to the outside world. No tvs, no phone.

I smirked, pulling up an old map of all the houses and neighborhoods I wanted to invade. My goal was to get at least 50 people in 2 months, and so far I'm a little behind. I need to step up my game if I want to reach the goal.

Scanning the map, my eyes landed on a small neighbourhood shut off from the outside world. It was a while away from where I live, but hey. People do strange things for pain and pleasure.I circled the area, getting ready to leave as soon as possible. I was getting hungry.

****time skip****

I'd been around this neighbourhood before, getting a sense of the place before I strike. I already knew every house and it's residents by heart.

Brown house with brown roof: Family of four, decent income, no doubt have a TV. Can't go there. White house with red roof: Single mother with two kids, poor income, possible target.

Blue house with black roof:...

Wait... I don't really know much about this house. I've asked around, and apparently a 20-something guy lives here, but that's it. Hardly anyone's seen him...