Spilled opportunities

"Good morning, Mr. Lis-!"

"Hello, sir. Have you had a nice da-"

"Sir, I've been meaning to ask you to fill out this fo-"

"Mr. Lisston! I've reviewed our agreement and I have an issue- "

"I'm sorry, no time to talk! I have a scheduled meeting in two minutes!"

Tord rushed past the many workers asking questions and wanting things from him. Being the head of a company, he had expected it all, as he does every morning. Though for once, he'd overslept and was afraid to be late with meeting his new assistant.

Usually, he'd be the one to hire someone he would be working so closely with. Though, for the sake of wanting to sleep on the night he would have to decide, he let his closest companions, Paul and Patryk, to make the decision themselves. He trusts them with his own life. Surely they chose someone suitable for the role. Someone who won't distract him while he works. Unlike the last woman who worked in that job. She did the bare minimum, not even bringing him a coffee in the morning.
Tord scoffed at the memory of her.

"Stupid Jessica..."

Shaking his head, Tord didn't have time to dwell on thoughts or worries about his new assistant being like her.

With only a few seconds to spare, Tord made it to the door, opening it in a flash and walking inside. Right into the new employee holding a cup of coffee. The liquid spilled over both of their shirts, their eyes going wide as they stared at the mess on Tord's shirt.

"M-MR. LISSTON! I'-M SO S-ORRY! LET ME CLEAN THAT UP FOR YOU!"

Upon hearing the unfamiliar voice, Tord looked up to see a young man wearing a blue, now stained dress shirt, black, loose pants with formal footwear. A usual sight in the business world. Though, the momentary glance to the man's eyes sent shivers down Tord's spine.

The void, empty sockets for his eyes made it almost impossible to look away. Though, as the other hurried over to the sink in the corner of the room, Tord snapped out of his trance. Hearing murmurs behind him, he quickly noticed the door still open, a few employees looking at Tord and his now ruined shirt. A fake smile and a movement of the hand before the door shut with a bang.

He turned around to see the new employee smiling awkwardly, holding a damp and soapy rag in his hands. A look of concern and dread was spread over his face. It was clear he felt incredibly guilty about the situation.

He held the rag up for Tord, who took it with a raised brow.

"Who... are you?"

The blue man looked up, avoiding Tord's gaze with a sheepish expression.

"Tom Ridge, sir. I was hired to be your new assistant by two gentlemen in the other room."

A small hum leaving Tord's throat, he looked at the rag in his hands before giving a quick glance at Tom's coffee stained shirt.

"A-again... I'm truly very sorry about spilling coffee on you. I was told you like cappuccino so I got you one before coming here..."

A small smirk was painted across Tord's lips as he handed the rag to Tom, seeing a confused look on the new boy's face.

"You need this more than me. Besides, I always keep a spare pair of clothes at the office in case I work through the night. If you're going to work alongside me, I'd suggest you do that as well."

Surprise sparkling in his eyes, Tom nodded while taking the rag and beginning to clean his shirt. Tord chuckled, not bothering to change shirts at the moment. He was much more interested in getting to know his new assistant.

"I can already tell. Working with you is going to be a lot of fun."