Moonlight walz

Two men dancing together; one happy, one sad.

A man in red, a smile on his lips as his feet stepped on the crystal lake, his crimson body glistening in the pale moonlight. A step, a drop of water connecting his body to the lake before sinking back into the inky blue. His light was warm and bright, an aura of joy and calmness carried with him. Steps taken gracefully, gliding across the water as his body moved in a slow rhythm with the sounds of the night.

A man in blue, sitting on the edge of the water, still and quiet. His midnight colours blending into the darkness around him, a cold aura of sadness surrounding him. His void eyes staring out into the pitch black sky, stars twinkling in his vision, reaching out to touch them. Earthbound, he wasn't able to escape this world, stuck forever to the water he sat on, his body's light dimming with every second. A frown on his face, tears running down, only to be connected to the lake on which he was stuck.

Feet gliding across the lake, Tord caught sight of a beautiful figure, his light burning as dimly as the moon. He stepped with grace to the blue figure, dancing around to bend beside him, his hand stretched out for the boy to take. Tom, feeling a warm glow of a red form beside him, one he had never seen before. The red man carried with feelings of comfort, warmth and happiness seeming so alien to the blue form.

Just as Tom was intrigued, as was the red figure. He had never seen such a lonely soul, his colours so cold, face so unhappy. He seemed to have been sitting since his existence, never having known the wonders and joys of gliding across the lake under the moonlight.

Curious, enchanted by the other form, the two colours couldn't take their eyes off of each other, their hands mixing from warm and cold to a soft, cool temperature. Tom's face still one of unhappiness while Tord's was one of joy, the opposites stood in front of each other, both hands joined together while the moon shone down on them.

One step, the blue man looking at the other, watching in wonder as his foot pressed ever so gently on the water before skipping to the other. Tord looked back at the blue figure, watching him take a step, his foot connected to the lake, hardly lifting more than a few drops from the water. Trying again, the red form danced around his counterpart, stopping to have the other do the same.

The blue form didn't trust himself to step along the water alone. His midnight colours sinking back into the darkness, Tord's smile turned dim, seeing the other slowly walk away from him. For the first time, the red form felt cold without blue, his feet hitting the water as he went after the other man, watching as Tom's heavy steps turned soft and gentle as he ran away. He was gliding across the water, droplets falling from his midnight eyes. Fear of the warmth made him run, scared of the smile he had never seen before. What was once curiosity turned to sadness, the blue man being far from the red, the edge of the lake once again being his place of rest.

Soft steps on the water were taken as Tord tried following the blue figure, though his colours lost in the night, the red man was lost. What was once a smile turned to a face of sadness; something he himself had never known before. His warm light dimmed in the empty darkness around him, the cold seeping into his being for the first time. He felt alone, the blue figure having eluded him for good, it seemed. Tord sat in the empty middle of the lake, his feet no longer pattering against the soft water.

From afar, Tom noticed a light from behind him, the red figure coming into view. The blue boy saw how unhappy his opposite was, his cheerful warmth that had carried an aura of joy now one of loneliness, a void the midnight figure had lived with since his creation. A flicker of warmth sparked in him as he stood, a feeling of being incomplete having been his world until the red form had come into his life. As if a pull from a magnet, Tom felt drawn to the man in red, his feet gliding against the lake in soft steps, dancing across the water towards the lonely warmth.

Tord was surprised to feel warmth beside him as he looked up from the darkness of the night, seeing his blue counterpart reaching a hand out to him, a sad smile on his cold lips. A moment of stillness passing, the red figure's hand melted against the other's as he was pulled up, the two men standing in front of each other once more, Tord's hand placed on the other's waist, Tom placing his on the red form's shoulder.

The men danced to the sounds of the night, lightly stepping on water as they glided across the lake, neither too warm or too cold. Feet dancing around each other, the colours began to mix as their bodies melted together, red and blue turning into a beautiful shade of purple, a balance between warmth and coldness, joy and sadness. The feeling of being complete surrounded them both, their forms becoming one as the moon descended the sky, rays of sunlight shining from the horizon.

As the purple form sank into the water, the warmth never strayed from any trace of the cold, no feeling of emptiness encompassing either of the figures. They had become one, a beautiful being waltzing on the lake at midnight, under the pale moon. A being of love, Tom and Tord being connected in their forms for an eternity to come. As some nights they sat and watched the darkness of the night, others were spent wandering across the lake, soft droplets of water connecting their feet as they glided across the water together.

----------------
Song: Homestuck – Candles and Clockwork/Moonsetter Overlay