Dancing on a hill

"Where are we going, Tord?"

I giggled as we ran towards the top of the hill, hands tangled together with smiles plastered on our faces.

"You'll see, Tommy. We're almost there. But before we get there... you have to put this on!"

We stopped running and Tord reached into his pocket to pull out a dark purple blindfold, walking behind me to tie it around my eyes.

"W-what is this for?"

Tord chuckled at my question, holding my hand and walking away. He guided me to the top of the hill, which seemed a lot further now that everything was dark. I was honestly getting a little tired after all this walking around, but when Tord stopped, my heart beat quickened again.

"Here we are, Tom. You can sit down if you want."

I nodded and sat on the ground, being greeted by a warm blanket spread out on the grass. At least, that's what I imagine it to be. I still had the blindfold on. I reached my hands up to take it off, but Tord's hands brushed over mine and held them.

"Not just yet, Tom. I want you to keep this on until I tell you to take it off, ok?"

I let out a playful groan.

"But I wanna see your handsome face!"

Tord chuckled, his hand caressing my cheek before he gave me a sweet kiss, time seeming to stand still until he pulled away. For a moment, I couldn't hear or feel anything, thinking that maybe Tord had left. I was about to call out to him, before hearing some violin music play, the sounds coming a few metres away from me.

A smile made its way on my lips, cheeks burning with a red blush. The music reminded me of my first date with Tord, dancing on a hill in the dark.

"You're the most important person in my life, Tommy. I can't possibly imagine not having you with me. Not even for a day."

"Tord? What's gotten into you?"

I let out a series of giggles, listening to my lover talk sweetly over the music.Warmth covered my hand, even with a blindfold I could tell it was Tord's hand holding mine.

"I never want to let go of you, Tommy. You're the light of my world, the reason I hurry home every night. The person I never want to lose. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So I want to ask you..."

The blindfold slowly slipped off my face, the view of my boyfriend kneeling in front of me, a small, black box with a golden ring in the center.

"... Will you marry me?"

My hands clasped over my mouth, vision going blurry due to the tears building up in my eyes. I stared at the ring, a small gemstone with blue and red colours swirling around each other. The music seemed to slow down as Tord stayed kneeling in front of me, my eyes shutting tightly as I nodded.

"YES! YES OF COURSE, YOU DUMMY! WHAT DO YOU THINK?!"

I tackled Tord to the ground, we rolled on the grass, holding our bodies close together. When we settled down, I laid on top of him, smothering him with kisses. He let out a series of giggles, me joining him as he kissed back.

He sat up, pulling the box out and taking my hand. He slipped the ring on my finger, a large smile still plastered on my face. I looked at my hand, the new ring making me feel complete as I faced my fiancé, pulling him in for a tender kiss.

The music picked up, I finally looked over to see a small band playing for us. I looked back to my lover, both of us getting off the grass and holding hands. Tord turned to me, a lovesick smile on his face. He kissed my hand, leading me closer to the band.

"Care to dance with me?"

"The first dance with my fiancé on top of a hill?"

He held my waist, his hand holding mine as I gripped into his shoulder.

"Sounds absolutely perfect."