"These boots are made for walking"(2)

Hajime Hinata

I sprinted back into the base and knocked on boss' door.

"Come in!~"He called.I walked inside.

"Boss!I have a message for you!Its from Komaeda!"I explained,"He said to tell you that if you kill him you'll regret it,even if he ends up dead or not."

He gave me a death glare,"So you didn't kill him because you wanted to warn me?!THAT'S PATHETIC!!"He screamed,"I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TRACK DOWN THAT MOTHER FUCKER FOR YEARS!!!AND YOU LET HIM GO BECAUSE OF SOME DUMBASS THREAT HE MADE?!I SWEAR TO GOD YOU'RE SUSPENDED FROM MISSIONS!!!GET THE HELL OUT OF MY OFFICE!!"

I flinched,"B-But boss I-"

"I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT!!!DON'T MAKE ME REGRET NOT KICKING YOU OFF THE TEAM!!!"He screamed at me.

I nodded,"Yes boss..."I walked out of the office and went straight back to my apartment,which I shared with two other members,Chisa and Genki.

"So,I heard what happened between you and boss.I have a way to prove you can go on missions again.You wanna hear?"Chisa asked me.

"Lay it on me!"I exclaimed.She held up a scrap of paper and handed it to me,"Here,it's Komaeda's address.Genki and I can come with you and we can finish him off.I'll record it too!"She held up a video camera.

I thought about it for a moment before agreeing.I felt terrible,but it had to be done.We both talked throughout the night about the plan and we headed out early in the morning.

We walked towards the house,"You're positive this is the place?"I asked them.

They both nodded.I sighed and walked up to the door as Chisa recorded it.I grabbed my lock pick and unlocked the door,silently opening it.We all sneaked across the floorboards.I felt guilt consume me every step I took towards Komaeda's bedroom.

We all hid behind a wall when Komaeda stepped out of his bedroom.Shit...

"Who's there."He called out.We didn't respond.He patrolled around the house before walking back towards his bedroom,assuming it was just his imagination.

Chisa quickly gave me the signal and I pulled out my gun,shooting Komaeda 4 times in the back.

I'm so so sorry Komaeda...

He fell to the ground with a thud,attempting one last time to get up,before falling unconscious on the wooden floor.

"And that's a wrap!!"Chisa exclaimed as she shut the camera.She cheered and hugged me tightly.I pried her off of me and put away my gun,"You guys get outta here,imma make sure we didn't leave any evidence behind."

They nodded and left for home.The second the front door shut I sprinted to Komaeda and held his bleeding body.

I wrapped him up with a towel that I found in the closet and sprinted towards the nearest hospital.

Don't die on me Ko...

I threw open the doors and the staff immediately took him in because of how critical of a condition he was in.

I sighed and walked back home,flopping onto my bed and curling into a ball,sobbing.I eventually sobbed myself to sleep.

Tomorrow is another day.

I woke up to the sunshine on my face filtering through my blinds.I sat up and realized I was super late to work.I threw on my DICE uniform and sprinted towards the door when I stopped to see a note hanging off of the door.

I squinted my eyes and read it:

Hajime

Heya!I turned your alarm off so you could get some sleep!I showed boss the video and he was super impressed,so he gave you the day off!!Have fun!!

~ChiChi

I sighed.Thanks Chisa for making me have a heart attack.I walked back to my room and changed out of my uniform and into a grey hoodie with a white undershirt,black pants,and casual sneakers.

I grabbed my phone from the charger and headed out, sprinting towards the hospital where I put Ko last night.

I really hope he's okay.I couldn't live myself if I lived with the person I've loved for so long.Ko and I have been childhood friends.He doesn't know I'm the one who shot him last night,or attempted to kill him the night before last.

I sighed as I reached the hospital.I walked up to the front desks and they gave me Ko's room number.

I knocked on the room door but no answer.I peaked my head into the room to see Ko still unconscious on the hospital bed.I walked inside and shut the door.

I grabbed a chair and sat next to Ko.I stared at his face,entangled in tubes and wires.An oxygen mask covered his face and tubes ran through his arms.

I hated this.I hate this feeling.I hate being the reason Nagito could've died.I hate being the reason Nagito gets hurt.I hate being a part of DICE.IM SICK OF IT.

I looked at Nagito,who was now tossing and turning.He has a thing for having nightmares a whole bunch.I decided to climb in the bed beside Nagito.I cuddled him from behind and buried my face into his hair,soon drifting to sleep.