"wish you were gay"

Nagito Komaeda

I ran and ran and ran for I don't know how long.Rain poured down on my porcelain skin,drenching my hair and clothes.My legs collapsed under me and I crawled into an empty ally way to cry.

What did I expect,Huh?Did I expect him to return my feelings?Why am I so upset?I knew this was coming!!

"I KNEW HE WASNT GAY!!WHAT DID I EXPECT!!!"I shouted at myself.

I cried and cried until I couldn't cry anymore.

"Damnit Hinata-Kun...I just wish you were gay..."I mumbled to myself.

[FLASHBACK]

I walked into school,extremely nervous.It was Valentine's Day.I don't plan to tell Hinata-Kun about my feelings,but I know multiple people are gonna ask him out today,and I knew he'd say yes to at least one of them.

Hinata-Kun is extremely popular.He knows almost everyone in the school,everyone adores him.

I mean,what's not to like about him?He's extremely attractive,kind,and overall an amazing person.

I took a deep breath and got over my fears.Why do I even care?Even if he's single,he isn't gay.I should be happy for him if he gets a girlfriend.

I walked inside to see a cheerful Nanami being cuddled by a blissful Hinata-Kun.I felt my heart shatter into pieces.It was the most painful sight to see.

Keep your cool,Komaeda.Be happy for him.Don't be selfish.

I sat down at my seat and just put my hood up,laying my head down on the desk.A couple seconds later I felt a soft tap on my shoulder.

I looked up to see Nanami smiling down at me,"...hey hey...I asked out Hajime and he said yes!!"

I gave her a smile,"That's great,Nanami!Im happy for you!"

"Thank you,Ko.Don't tell anyone because Hajime wants to keep it a secret for a little."She told me.

I nodded and laid my head back down and she went back to Hinata.

The day went by slow,almost as if time was mocking my pathetic existence.The lunch bell finally rang and I packed up my stuff before feeling another tap on my shoulder,this one being harder than Nanami's.

I turned my head to see Hinata-Kun."Hey Ko.Got any guys asking ya out?"He teased me.

I just gave a sad chuckle and shook my head.I continued packing up my stuff while he talked.

"What?!Why not???"He asked.

"Hinata-Kun you know why."I rolled my eyes.

"Don't even start to talk down about yourself.Here."He shoved a box of chocolates into my arms,"For being my best friend."

Best friend was the word that hit me hard.

Best Friend.Best Friend.Best Friend.Right.Best friend.Only that...just a best friend...

I looked down at the box and put on a fake smile,"Thank you,Hinata-Kun."

He grinned and waved goodbye,walking back over to Nanami.I put the box in my bag and walked out of the school building.After I was out I sprinted out of the school,running to wherever.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

I curled up into a ball and sat behind a dumpster,just wanting to rot away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hajime Hinata

I sighed as I rejected another girl.She was in tears and ran away.I walked back to class and sat down at my seat,staring out of the window and looking at the heavy rain that poured down.

I thought about Nagito and his look earlier.When I gave him that stuff,it was actually because I planned to confess to him.

I don't like Chiaki,but I felt way too bad to reject her,as she's been with me through everything.Shes more like a sister to me.

I watched as the classroom filled up with students,but Nagito never showed.I was hoping he would,but he never did.

The teacher called out Nagito's name but got no response.She marked him absent and continued with role call.I bit my nails as I kept staring at the door waiting for him to return.

The rest of the day passed by and I didn't see Nagito anywhere.I held the umbrella over my head and started to walk back home.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Nagito's number,only for it to go straight to voicemail.I pulled up my messages and texted him.

Bagel Boi (о''о)
3:12 PM

Hey Nagito,are you alright?I haven't seen you since lunch and I just want to make sure you're alright
[READ AT 3:12 PM]

I got really nervous.Nagito never acts like this.I just ignored it for now.I walked by what seemed like an empty alleyway to heat small sniffles and hiccups.

I stopped in my tracks and silently looked behind the dumpster to see a drenched Nagito,curled up in a ball and crying.

I quickly kneeled beside him and held the umbrella over the two of us."Hey Nagito,What's wrong?"I asked him.

He flinched and looked up at me,tears spilling down his face."I-I-It's n-nothing-"

I hugged him,dampening my clothes in the process."Nagito,it's clearly something.Please tell me what's wrong..."I pleaded.

He looked down at the ground and sighed,"You really wanna know?I have these disgusting feelings for you.Everytime I see you with another girl it tears me apart more and more.Its selfish.Someone like me doesn't deserve-"

I cut him off by placing my lips over his gently.He tensed up,not expecting me to kiss him.After a couple of seconds,he kissed back.

I parted the kiss and smiled at him."Your feelings towards me aren't disgusting,Nagito.I love you too."

He stumbled over his words,"B-But what a-a-about Nanami-"

"I think of her as a friend,I didn't want to hurt her feelings."I explained.

"A-ah...o-o-okay..."He stuttered as he shivered in his drenched clothes.I took off my blazer that went with my school uniform and helped Nagito up,putting it on his shoulders.

"Alright Nagito,lets get you back home.I wouldn't want you to get sick."I smiled.

He nodded and held the blazer closer to him."Cute."I said to myself.Nagitos face went bright red and he put his face in his hands.

I chuckled and started our walk back to his house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I legit had this in my drafts and forgot about it lmao 😂
But here ya go!!As I'm writing this this book is currently at 4.99K reads :)
I swear to fucking god if it hits 5K today I'm going to lose my shit I don't deserve all these reads
Anyways,thank you all so much for the support and I'll try to pump out chapters as fast as I can!
~Cat💖

99K reads :)I swear to fucking god if it hits 5K today I'm going to lose my shit I don't deserve all these reads Anyways,thank you all so much for the support and I'll try to pump out chapters as fast as I can!~Cat💖