0 2

02

Music was always something I enjoyed; I was very passionate about it. In university, Tammy dragged me to the bar and practically shoved me onto the stage.

At that moment I wanted to Kill her for even putting me in that situation but I ended up writing a song and my friends would play it, it was my way of making some money on the side but when my studies kicked in I ended up dropping singing.

This morning I woke up early to go out and find another job. The hotel was under investigation so there wasn't much we could do but someone had to pay the bills. We luckily had insurance but that was solely for the hotel.

I spoke to a few companies about giving me a job but they needed to pass my application to the right people and said that they would get back to me. We all know what that means

I walked through the market after grabbing a burrito and finding somewhere to sit. I kicked off my heels and let my feet breathe.

From a distance, I could see a little boy playing in the street. I grabbed my heels and moved closer.

As I moved closer I recognized the voice it was clear to me that he was already a very good singer, he had this rasp to his voice which suited the song well.

I found myself singing along to the song since it was one of my favourite songs still to this day.

I was in the moment that I didn't realize that the song had finished, I opened my eyes and was momentarily shocked to see the boy standing in front of me. He stood tall with his guitar staring back at me.

" Hi" I waved at him.

He grinned before stepping closer " Hi, do you like to sing too" he asked. It was strange his normal voice was a lot different in comparison to his voice when singing.

" you can tell huh?" I offered him a smile back, he was alone out here in the streets of London so the least I could do was give him an encouraging smile. I would hate to be alone out here singing.

" well, you're the first person to stop and listen and sing along. Would you sing with me, my next song?" I stared at him.

Sing

I haven't done that in such a long time, especially in public too.

"what song do you want to do next?" I asked him as I went to stand next to him. I don't know what made me want to join him but what have I got to lose, plus it would be a great distraction from all the stress right now.

Thomas whispered a song into my ear and I eagerly nodded my head liking his taste of music.

I could hear a few voices behind, I peek over my shoulder and see that we have a large forming crowd behind us.

A few other street musicians walk towards us and they talk to Thomas for a brief moment before we all sit down.

I'm guessing it's not just me. " Hey I'm Justin and this is Jessie" they introduced themselves.

Smiling I take a seat next to Thomas and give him a bright smile telling him I'm ready.

We played Thomas's song, he chose a James bay song which none of us complained about. I was singing with him but I couldn't take my eyes away from the happy look on his face.

We finished the song and listened as the people around us started to clap and cheer.

Before I even have time to look at Thomas, he comes running into me nearly knocking me over. I laugh little rubbing his glossy blonde hair.