2 2

Chapter 22

I struggled to get to sleep, mostly because I could feel Nate's hard erection in my back. Around 30 minutes after we laid on his bed he had gone into the bathroom for a long time. I bit my lip as I knew what he was doing there.

Now when I felt him leave the bed, removing his arms around my waist I was confused. I slowly got up from the bed to find Nate sitting down on the sofa. A glass of water on the table in front of him.

I left the room wearing just a long black t-shirt and my panties. I brought clothes to wear tonight but I much preferred to wear one of his shirts.

"Nate come back to bed" I said quietly as I rubbed my eyes. Nate turned his head to stare at me, a ghost of a smile on his lips.

"I will, I just need a moment" he said turning his head back to face outside. He wasn't looking at anything in particular, just watching the trees move with the wind. The sky looked dark, matching Nate's mood coincidently.

I looked over and grabbed a soft blanket. I sat next to Nate pulling the blanket over the both of us to keep us warm. "you can go back to sleep Loretta" he chuckled as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I came here for you not your bed Nate" I said with a certain sass to my words. I felt his body vibrate as he let out a chuckle.

I wanted to ask him so many questions but if he wanted, he would tell me what's going on in that mind of his. I was pretty contempt in just sitting here with Nate. Listening to the wind from outside, the sound of the rain hitting the window. It was soothing.

"oh, sorry kids I was just coming in for a drink" I raised my eyes to see Michael standing in the doorway. He definitely didn't expect to see me and Nate out here. No doubt the whole family thought we were doing something a little more r rated.

Michael walked towards the kitchen, pouring himself some juice from the fridge.

"couldn't sleep either" Nate asked him. Michael smiled softly. "it's not surprising really, that room just isn't the same" he replies walking to join us in the lounge.

I had to smile when Nate moved the blanket to further cover my legs.

"I'm sorry if I brought pain to both of you. If I had known how badly this would affect you, I would have had the party somewhere else" I confessed sadly. It was a good idea but now when I see two grown men upset over a house. It's not so appealing.

Michael frowned deeply. "Don't be silly Loretta, it was my idea anyway. I don't hate it here, but it just makes me remember her which really isn't a bad thing" Michael says reassuring me.

I felt Nate squeeze my thigh. "Being honest, I think Ally would be angry at us for not thinking about her enough" he added. I bit my lip, "I'm sure she could never be angry about that" I said.

Nate chuckled behind me. "you don't know my mother, she loved to get angry at the smallest things. Have my father scared shitless" Nate said smirking over at Michael who only nodded his head agreeing.

"that's right, anyways I should leave and get some sleep and son" He stopped moving as he looked at Nate.

"for the love of god get some fucking sleep" I smiled as Michael directed his eyes at Nate, playing that father figure what was his son and not some rich brooding man.

"You hear that Natey, get some sleep" I said as I started to get up from the sofa so that we could finally go back to bed. Keeping secrets from the man that lives in your thoughts is exhausting enough.

I was roughly yanked back down straight onto his lap. "what the fuck did you just call me" he growled out.

I realised that I had given him a nickname, not my finest moment obviously but it kind of just slipped out.