0 5

Chapter 5

I think that my parents were still in shock from what that family did for us. The money that they raised was big enough to have us comfortable for a while at the hotel and to afford marketing campaigns to introduce into the market again.

Both my parents, especially my father was very emotional and I wasn't surprised. They disappeared as soon as we arrived at the house.

I walk into the lounge hoping to find my parents in there but I'm greeted by one little rascal instead, my brother Eaton I feel like I haven't seen this guy in ages way before the fire.

"hey little man", I crouch down so I'm face to face with my partner in crime, my brother Eaton is only a baby and has already spoken his first word, sadly it was mama and not sister or Retty but whatever right I'm pretty sure he loves me the most.

"Mama" Eaton murmurs holding me captive with his golden-brown eyes.

"No mama is somewhere else you've got me though," I say pinching his cute chubby cheeks. I receive a frown when he realises he's not looking at his mama. Fine Eaton have it your way but one day you're going to want your big sister when.

"Loretta, what are you doing, " Dad says with a smirk. Many times he has caught me talking to my toddler brother who probably has no idea what I am saying.

"Dad how rude, I'm simply talking to my little brother right Eates " I turn back around hoping to see my brother's smiling face but no I'm greeted with his backside. Real pleasant.

Such a cute little bum though. I have to grab him before he walks away

"Dad" I shout before he escapes again.

" Loretta, I can't let you do this for us. I feel so guilty using the money" he says letting it all out. I narrowed my eyes at him.

" Dad I'm not sure if you know how gofundme works but these people would only donate for the cause which was to help the hotel out. This money isn't mine just because I sang in a street"

" I'm still not sure about this," he says hesitating. It warms my heart that he is willing to sacrifice the hotel for his daughter but I wasn't giving him a chance to refuse.

" I am sure, but..." I pause dramatically. He arches his brow at me. He had to know that there would be a but coming.

" I would love to discuss maybe a promotion in the business, to have more of a managerial role" I suggested. I want to be a part of the hotel business, and would love to create a newsletter so I could become a manager for the marketing department.

" deal," Dad said instantly, his hand reaching out to me for a handshake. I stared at him in shock, even mom poked her head around the corner with a surprised look on her face.

"Really," I asked excitedly. He shrugged his shoulders. " You were always really good at managing the accounts and I trust you as my daughter to love this hotel as much as I love it"

I leapt forward shoving his hand out the way but instead wrapping my arms around him in a hug. He hugged me back as tight, placing a kiss on my head. " You make me the proudest father in the world honey, I love you" he whispers.

"oh what a way to ruin the moment son" Dad randomly says looking behind me.

I follow his gaze to find my mum chasing after Eaton who seems to be dribbling all over the carpet.

Dad and I simultaneously mutter "Ew" before we laugh while heading to his office.

Dads office is big it's probably one of the biggest rooms in the house it's full of his work stuff obviously but also its where we keep all of our photographs and albums from my parent's families and when they were younger too.