0 9

Chapter 9

" I don't think you have a choice honey, he sent it to you specifically it would be rude to not wear it at his own event," Mom says as we stare at the box in the middle of my bed.

I grabbed hold of my phone, but George walked over and swiped it out my hand. "didn't you say you would be better, c'mon it's just dress" he says holding my phone to his chest.

When I arrived at my apartment there was a box sitting in the hallway. When I opened it, I saw the most beautiful dress sitting inside it with a note from Nate.

You don't have an excuse now. See you tonight Loretta x

"oh honey, you clearly have never thought about doing this for me because that is not just a dress," Tammy says looking at it.

Don't ask me why my mom was here, she could have met me there, but something tells me she knew about this.

"I'm scared to even touch it" I whispered. My mom was the only one to hear me as she wraps her arms around me. "Don't be, just don't think about it too much and enjoy it tonight?" she says.

With a sigh, I nod my head and pick up the dress.

I wasn't sure what kind of event it was but by just looking at this dress I can see that it is a special night. I was just glad that I wasn't going alone and that I had my family and friends with me.

Tammy was the one to help me get into the dress. The light lavender colour looked strange with my darker hair, so she suggested I have it in a ponytail.

It wrapped around my body beautifully, with a large slit which was going to expose my legs. I had never been in such a beautiful dress not since my university ball. It felt strange.

I did my makeup simple with my lips coated in a rich pink colour.

Throughout the drive, I couldn't stop thinking about how I looked. I hoped Nate liked how I looked since he bought this dress for me. I also wanted him to like how I looked regardless.

We pulled up to the venue soon enough.

"is that Nate?" Mom whispered as we stopped moving.

I looked to where she was staring at and saw Nate standing outside. He looked to be searching for someone and the moment the doors opened and George stepped out I realised that he was looking for me.

"Remember darling, have fun" mom whispered as she kissed my shoulder.

I breathed in, she's right. I wouldn't get many opportunities like this so I should make the most of it and have fun.

George and Tammy walked up to Nate as I stepped out of the car. I grew nervous as I saw the reporters lined up outside. I had seen this on tv I knew what they were looking for.

I glanced down at my feet. "Breathe Amore, I've got you now," Nate said as he stood in front of me.

He lifted my jaw with his fingers. I smiled as I saw the look on his face.

He looked so handsome in his suit. Unlike the suits, he wears for work this one had more character and really expressed him well.

"I don't want to take all the credit, but you look amazing in that dress," he says his fingers brushing over my arm.

I smacked him. "what do you mean you, I'm the one wearing it" from the look on his face I realised that he was waiting for a reaction from me.

"I know Loretta, but yes very beautiful" I shook my head at him for tricking me. "can we go inside now, there are too many people staring," I said as I looked around.