0 4

Chapter 4

"Tammy can you get the door" I practically scream from my bathroom.

It has been 2 whole weeks since that night in the club. Me and Tammy had finally moved into our apartment after dad was happy with the renovations. I haven't heard from Nathaniel since then, from what I've seen online I could see that he was busying himself with business.

Thomas seemed to be thriving with all the attention he was getting online. I had heard rumours that Nathaniel contacted him but I didn't stay long to hear more than that.
"Hi mum, hi dad," I say pulling on my left sock, hopefully, they won't look so scary if I try and avoid eye contact with them.

"Retty look at us", my dad urges " we're not mad i promise".

Isn't that what they all say before they shout at you? Plus, my dad doesn't normally keep his promises.

I finally look up at my dad's red and puffy eyes which make him look old and tired and can't help but feel like this is because of me, my eyes turn to my mum, surprisingly she has a smile on her face she looks happy and that makes me happy for that moment anyway.

"I'm heading out Retty see you tonight alright"

Tammy says from the door before disappearing, I could be mad that she is leaving me with my parents but then again, I guess I do need some alone time with them we have a lot of things to talk about.

" I really don't want to speak to him dad, can't you just accept my decision" I begged him. When dad knew about happened he wanted me to have dinner with Nate and his father.

" But why Nate is a lovely guy and Michael his father really wants to meet you," Mom said.

Originally I wanted to keep mine and Nathaniel's confrontation a secret but I now realise I couldn't keep this from them.

" Something happened when I went to his office dad. I was just doing a favour for Thomas but instead, he accused me of being a gold digger" my mum gasped as she heard me.
Dad stared at me with disbelief. " He did what!" he exclaimed.

Mum sighed as she embraced me.

" you have to remember what that boy deals with every day he has girls left right and centre wanting to be with him just for the money, the fame and everything else" My dad's face seems to calm down a bit and he returns to his calm and composed state.

Well now I feel like more of an idiot, all I got from the papers and the news articles was that he was a womaniser and he would have women every week but that was his preference.

"I suppose you're right honey but he's not off the hook yet I will have a word with him be sure of it," dad says looking at me directly.

I huff in annoyance "alright since that's cleared up can you go now "

I hate being rude to my parents but they're totally invading my personal space right now. There's a reason why I live in an apartment away from my parents.

"Sweetie you don't understand it's crazy out there," My mum says grabbing her phone.

"Crazy?"

"You're all over the news, in the papers Loretta you're practically famous "my mum finishes scrolling through her phone, famous? is she joking?

"Loretta" my father calls out my name. "They had pictures of you and Nate at the club, and also people at the office have come out to spread news, not necessarily good news"

"Anyway, Loretta someone wants to meet you so we're going to take you to them now, so get ready my dad says grabbing his keys from the table.

Just when I thought my mum was going to leave she spins around and bends to my level on the sofa.
"Nice catch darling that boy is really handsome" she dragged out handsome in some weird teenager ogling kind of way, mum your married and old. Please don't forget that.
My mum whispers in my ear before following my dad out of the house.