2 5

Chapter 25

I roughly shoved my phone under the cushions as George carefully sat on the end of my bed. Tammy was downstairs, distracting herself with different wedding blogs. She was just finding reasons to not speak to me, after I told her what happened with Nate.

"What were you expecting, a text back" George mumbled as he ripped the pillow away from me.

When I told them what happened, they were surprised at how I reacted. Looking back now I understand why they would think that since I reacted badly to a situating that I could have avoided.

I just didn't want him to be controlling, I didn't want to fall into a pattern where he thinks he can control me in any way. I ended up cancelling the meeting altogether. I had to believe that Nate was really protecting me.

"I expected something" I mumbled.

George sighed as he removed the blanket from me. "Look Retta, you two have gone through a lot since meeting. If I know Nate, I know that he values trust so that's probably why he is taking some time alright. You need to speak to him"

I grumbled under my breath, why did I have to be so fucking stupid.

"he said that he wouldn't change George, not for me" I muttered thinking back to his words. What else wouldn't he change, just for me.

"well of course he would say that Retta, but that doesn't mean over time he wont change. You girls have got to stop jumping to conclusions" George says stressed as he too lies down.

I sigh leaning back against the pillows.

I don't want this; I want to speak to Nate to apologise for the way I acted. I felt terrible about the words I said about Madison. It wasn't the best thing to say considering how much he beat himself up for what happened.

"Do you want me to drive you there, I'll do anything right now to get away from that crazy woman downstairs" he whispered.

I had to laugh; Tammy was getting a little stressed about her wedding. George left for two nights to meet up with his old friends and almost was late for their meeting with the event planner. Tammy's sister made sure to personally take him there, honestly Tammy's sister was keeping this wedding from getting cancelled.

She was definitely the right person for maid of honour.

"No, I'll drive. Do you know where he is?" I asked as I stood up. I walked over to the wardrobe and pulled out jeans and a simple jumper.

"He should be in the office, go easy on the guy alright" George reminded me as I managed to get dressed and grab a few things to take with me.

I rushed out to the car and started driving. I let the music playing from the speakers calm me down, put me a state of mind that would relax me.

When I arrived at his building I was welcomed by the guards at the door. I walked up to the front desk and waited patiently as she spoke to another person.

"Hello Loretta, I hope you aren't here for Mr Tesstoro this afternoon" she says as she finds me standing there waiting.

"well I am" I muttered. She looked sympathetic as she typed quickly on her computer.

Suddenly I was nervous. "Mr Tesstoro has left the country on important matters and we currently aren't aware of when he plans to return. I had thought that you would have known this" she explains sadly, her face dropping.

Left the country.

How can he just leave like that?

"no, he didn't, uh thank you" I mumbled as I turned around. I was embarrassed, I really didn't want everyone at his company to know that me and Nate clearly weren't speaking. What kind of girlfriend doesn't know that their boyfriend was leaving the country?