2 0

Chapter 20

Nate POV

I've found it difficult to enjoy my birthday ever since my mother died. It's easy for people to say that she would have wanted me to enjoy the day even if she isn't here but my mum made it her mission to throw a big celebration for both me and my brother. Not like he deserved it, for the way he treated her. But my mum had a heart of gold.

Drew and I haven't had the best relationship since she passed, mainly because he acted like he didn't care. I wasn't going to let him give our mother a bad name and neither was my father.

For once I actually enjoyed waking up on my birthday, to see my beautiful Loretta laying down next to me. A small part of me wished I wasn't working today just so I could spend it with her but I needed to be in work today, it was important.

My employees knew better than to celebrate my birthday but I smiled gently as I saw the large birthday card laying on my desk. My assistant walked in with a small bag of her own. I decided to not get angry but rather be grateful.

" Happy Birthday Nate, I know you hate it but I got you something" she said placing it on my desk.

I watched her step back, she nibbled gently on her lip as she waited.

" I'll let it slide just once" I said reaching out to grab the bag. Once I opened it I found a small box inside. Opening it up I found a silk black tie that looked expensive. Technically I bought this myself since I am the one that pays her.

" Thank you, I like it" I said smoothing my finger down the material.

She went to step out but stopped like she had just remembered something. " There's a suit for you in wardrobe, I've been informed that you must wear it later" she said heading to the wardrobe that I have in my office.

" okay thank you, will you call us Mr Kate for our meeting" I said wanting her to leave. She froze as she went to open the door. It wasn't long before she was running out of here and closing the door behind her.

Once she was gone I stood up and made my way over to the wardrobe. Inside was a suit along with pants and shoes. When Loretta said she had a surprise I didn't know what to expect.

I had to push this to the back of my mind as I heard a knock of my office door. Business for now, pleasure later.

At the house

Watching the door to my old family home open was like a sense of déjà vu. Many times I have come to this door and watched the door open and see my adoring mother stand there. Normally with a glass of wine in her hand. But this time I was seeing Loretta. Looking almost angel like in that white dress, with her light brown almost blonde hair in beautiful curls. She is clearly trying to torture me.

I pushed my way inside and grabbed her small waist, pulling her to my chest. I could feel her chest rising and falling rapidly, she must be nervous. I knew that people were watching but right now I didn't care. I missed her and wanted to taste those juicy red lips.

The second she asked me to kiss her I pulled her face to mine with my fingers holding her jaw. I wasn't meant to do it so harshly but when I smelt her beautiful scent I couldn't help myself.

George came and pulled up apart but my arm found Loretta's waist again.

" will you stop panicking Amore, I'm not actually mad at you" I said with amusement as I watched her fiddle with a bottle of orange gin as we stood in the kitchen.

When I walked inside I was shocked to see the people I did. Some of my families friends were here, ones I hadn't seen since my mums funeral. I did a quick round of saying hello only to come back to find Loretta hiding out in the kitchen.