Sunday, June 21

I'm taking a break from planning the Wayne Family Summer Gala. I've been doing that for most of the day, and I need a breather.
Last night's patrol was rough. Father and I were able to track the Meringio family to their new location in Gotham's upper east side. We came down on them like a lightning bolt.
I did not kill any of them, though. I will not stoop to their level.
Father and I caught all 17 of them, and left them tied up on the roof of the Gotham city police station in the pouring rain. We also left all of the evidence needed to put the Meringio family away for a long time.
They were involved in everything from money laundering, embezzlement, drugs, and illegal weapons shipments, all the way up to human trafficking.
Anger still burns in my stomach when I think about what the Meringio  family did to the women they kidnapped.

Breathe, Damian. They're safe now.

The gala planning is going well. The caterers and florists have been hired, and guests have begun to RSVP.
I'm getting a new suit for the occasion. A custom, charcoal grey Versace suit with Medusa emblem buttons. It's sleek, fitted, and the height of trending fashion.
It isn't like I need it. I already have many suits in many brands. Balenciaga, Givenchy, Dior, Chanel, Dolce and Gabbana, the list goes on. I suppose the perk of being a billionaire is the clothing.
The guest list is coming together nicely. The Summer Gala is known for its extravagance, and this year is no different. None of the board members are coming, but the rich socialite set is. Donatella Versace, Spike Lee, and Prince Harry of England are all coming. That is the just the beginnings of the ones who will show up.
My one uncensored thought is: I hope not too many things get destroyed this year.

It's too hot today. Summer heat is broiling the air, and the humidity makes walking more like swimming.
I hope it rains later. A thunderstorm would take the heat out of the air.

The northern sky holds my thoughts today. It beckons me to the edge of its horizon. Pulling me, drawing me closer to it. Could I just go? Could I just run towards it, and never look back?
No.
I have too many responsibilities.
I must stay here. I must be Robin.
But that won't stop me from thinking about who I could be if I wasn't here.

That is all.
Damian Wayne