Thursday, July 9

I am utterly exhausted. I should be sleeping in my few moments of down time, but I had to write this down.
Gotham city has been locked down under the order of Commissioner Gordon. Yesterday riots started in the streets, and the National Guard had to  be called in. But then the pulse magnifier went off again, destroying the National Guard's equipment. Looting and burning began last night.
Father and I have been riding horses through the streets of Gotham. Asahi and Kurotsuki heighten the sense of desperation among the crowds. Batman and Robin on horseback, just like the knights of old.
We finally found the pulse magnifier this morning. It was located in the Narrows. We managed to disable it, which is fortunate, since it was set to go off every 36 hours. Such a schedule would have destroyed help every time it came to Gotham.
The last few days have been a mess. Father called in Nightwing, Red Hood, and Red Robin to help. I've gotten three hours of sleep in the past fifty, and am utterly exhausted. The days have blurred into an indistinguishable mass of crime and blood. People are dying out there in broad daylight. Father sent me home to rest for a few hours so I don't collapse  from exhaustion. The fact that all of us are fighting crime in broad daylight tells you how desperate the situation truly is.
Commissioner Gordon intends to roll out the police tonight and begin cracking down on the situation. If I'm being honest though, it will take at least a week to end this madness.
The Narrows was on fire last night. The filthy alleys caught on fire when Scarecrow started torching buildings. Fortunately some of it was salvaged. Joker broke out of Arkham and blew up the New Trigate bridge that leads out of the city. All of Gotham's citizens are trapped like rats. They're dying out there.
I was wrong to come home for a few hours to rest. They're dying out there. I have to save them. I can't abandon them in their hour of need. Ride on, to death or glory, and to the salvation of Gotham.
Damian Wayne