~CHAPTER THREE

You can listen to Buzzcut Season by Lorde while reading. I just love the song!!! 😄😂💕<3

.................................

I am perched on the edge of my bed gazing intently at a letter, that someone had slipped under my door, clutched in my hand. Who is it? I wonder?

Curiosity floods me as I tear it open. My eyes scan the letter thoroughly, the bold yet elegant handwriting - I do not recognize it. It reads:

"Hello Dana!"

You must be really surprised reading this, huh? I took it that maybe you wanted to be alone when you left without notice, though my eyes caught that your face looked glassy!? If there is something wrong you can confide in me, Dana, I will always be there for you!

Mandy and I will only be staying for a week which really sucks!!! I'm pretty sure it's your mom's instruction, because I know you and Dad would want us to stay for a month or more, even for the rest of the holiday! We just really miss you, its been three long years!

In between, I always wanted to come visit you but you know we live so far away and our only hope was our mom, but she didn't have much time, Dad neither! Your Mom was...!!!

I just wanted to check if you're okay! As a cousin and a brother to you! Well, I know you are fine anyway! MY DANA IS ALWAYS STRONG! (lmao!?)

I guess we'll see you tomorrow then. Bye! Goodnight! Sleep tight!

-If you have monsters under your bed, always remember to call your knight in shining armor, The Almighty Trey Wilson.

P.S  I need help, ASAP. Mandy's been ignoring me since because I denied that I didn't sleep on our trip here which I did not not do!  *lies*  (I did, just don't tell anyone *winks*

I dropped the letter on my vanity table, laughing in hysteria, a real laugh which I haven't done in a long time. Trey's so funny! I really missed his sense of humor.

I remember when he told us scary stories on Christmas eve, three years ago, I and Mandy really couldn't sleep at night for days! - always watching our backs for anything spooky or out of the ordinary. I love the memories!

A knock on my door brings and end to my amusement. Who again? I mumble to myself. A frown makes it way to my face as I slide Trey's letter under my pillow and rise from my bed.

"Come in," I chime as I walk to my door but stop halfway when the door cracks open and my Dads smiling face pops out.

"Hey," He says still smiling.

"Hi Dad, I didn't expect you," I respond to him, succumbing to his contagious smile. He was clearly the last person that I was expecting.

"Can I come in?" He asks politely. He has always been a gentleman, always.

"Of course Dad!" I laugh, baffled by the fact that my Dad is asking for permission to enter into my room.

Well, he always does that!

He closes the door behind him and walks into my room. He sits on the edge of my bed. I follow him and sit close to him too.

"So what's brings you here, Dad?" I yawn, making my voice come out muffled. I cross my arms behind my head and lay aback on my bed, my eyes dancing on the ceiling.

"I came for you, " He says.

I sit and look at him.

"Uh, I just wanted to tell you something. I didn't really notice you were upset this evening. Trey came to me, he's quite worried too, So I came to check on you," He scratches the back of his neck - an action I've grown to observe that he does when he's nervous about something.