~CHAPTER FOUR

A/N: Hello my lovelies. Thank you all for sticking with the story so far. It means a lot to me. This is my first story. Greetings to all my new readers and followers!!! Hope you enjoy the ride! Vote and/or comment and/or share to your friends if you can! Love ya guyz!!!<3<3<3<3

P.S This chapter may be pretty long. It was supposed to be a part of the last one but I chose to cut it! :-) ;-) (^0^) Sorry for not posting it immediately after like I promised!

I was listening to Dancing with a stranger by Sam Smith & Normani when I was reviewing the chapter before I posted it. You can listen to it if you want! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The formerly silent room is interrupted by the soft whistle of the freezing night wind, it envelops the entire room, making me shiver in cold and delight. I stride to the window
.
The zephyr blows my flowered curtains high, so that the hem line rises to my five feet three inches height. The tip caresses my face. I flinch, it feels as though they are fingers, stroking me.

Lifting the obstructive curtains out of my way, I roll up the blinds and open the windows. I hoist myself up and sit on the windowsill.

I stare into the starlit night sky. The stars dance, pirouetting in the sky cheerfully, freely, I envy the stars, they shine all day long in freedom. Though their illuminating glow is unnoticeable during daytime due to the sun's powerful light rays. But, at night, their beautiful glow surpasses all others.

An owl flies past over the sky, flapping its grey wings. I close my eyes and let the tingling cold night wind bite my skin - I'm only in a tank top and shorts.

How can a bird that is born to fly, sit in a cage and sing?How can a child whose fears annoy, yet droop its tiny limb?

The words of a poem rings inside my ears. I reach to touch to stars, but I can't. They seem so close above my head yet far away. I retract my hand and place them at my side.

For the first time in years, I notice the big tree by my window. It had large sprightly branches which stretched vastly and leaves of velvet green. It towers really high into the envious sky, far above my house. It branches rocked with a harvest of birds chirping serenades into the already parting day.

My legs dangle in the air. My white porcelain skin seemed to glimmer in the night light. I look far down, at the garden floor very far below, like 30 feet. What if I fall? I ask myself. Down would be a really devastating long way to go.
Averting my gaze to the street, illuminated by the lights, A guy walks slowly with a girl, they look young, about my age, but older.

They hold each other as they walk, smiling from ear to ear. The guy whispers something in the girls ear and she laughs. Then they stop and stare deeply into each others eyes.

The guy tucks the strands of the girls blonde hair behind her ear, he places a finger under her tilting it upwards. He leans and and crashes their anticipating lips together, passionately, his somewhat brown hair falls over his face as he does.

I stare at them longingly for a while. A thought then slowly creeps into my head. What does love mean? Have I felt it before? If no, then will I ever feel it? I shake all those trashy thoughts away and bring my focus back to the stars in the sky.

"Uh...hey there," A low legato voice breaks me out of my daze. It startles me shockingly. In a rushed attempt to hurry back into my room, I trip on myself and fall forwards towards to the ground.

"Oh no!" The voice called, somewhat masculine.

Luckily for me, I don't fall to the ground which would mean my end Thank heavens!, but I find myself stuck within the branches of the big tree. I hang on to one of the branches of the big tree to prevent myself from falling to the ground. I do not think that I'm afraid of heights but taking just one look down would be devastating!