~CHAPTER ELEVEN

Chapter song: In too Deep by Why don't we.

Recap

I nod and rake my hands through my locks,"I know, I just can't think of any way. Everything just seems...." I trail off.

I hear Peter sigh,"There should be," His voice holds hope and reassurance,"We should think of-"

A voice suddenly booms, making me jump out of my skin and my heart fly out of my rib cage. The immense shock I receive makes the receiver fall out of my grasp,"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU SPEAKING WITH???"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Overwhelmed with extreme shock, I flip around to set my eyes on the angry taunting ones of the maid. She stands by the door, her hard flinty gaze burning holes into my face. Disconcerted, my hands fidget. The rising and falling of my chest becomes so prominent that I could see them myself.

"Who were you speaking with? And don't you dare lie to me?" Her voice came rigid at the last part as she begins walking towards me. My body trembles with her every step. As her black toms hits the floor, my stomach flips over.

Scowling down at me, She picks up the dangling receiver. She gives it a strange look before bringing it to her ear.

"Hello," She drawls flatly into it. Seconds after, she sighs in defeat when she realizes that the line was already dead.

"Who were you talking to?" She asks stonily as if daring me to not answer her.

"N-No one," My mouth threatens to stutter out that along but my jittery state makes it difficult to find my tongue.

"Oh really? You're being silent now, huh?" She rolls her eyes and pushes the loose strands of her blonde from her face.

I still do not make an attempt to say a thing. Not because I don't want to, but because my tongue had left me, along with my courage. My suddenly dried mouth opens to speak but I shut them back, to scared to utter a word.

The maid then barks a humorless laugh.

"You thought that I didn't see the paper you hid in your pocket."

My pulsating heartbeat stops. She had seen me stuffing the paper in my pocket. She wanted me to do something about it, and find out what the paper was about. Had She seen the paper before I did?

She lowers a bit so that our heads were level. Her daunting eyes clouding my every sight. I could only get more scared, more afraid. Fear ripples through my body as her unnerving gaze blazes through me. I try to muster the will-force to avert my gaze, I fail as hers is so captivating, it holds me against my consent. I flutter my eyelids shut.

"Your parents aren't home. You're lucky. You could have had a very sweet interrogation with them otherwise." She smirks at me. Her goofy smile makes me dread what would've happened if Mom and Dad haven't left for work.

Thank my stars!

But, they'll back and it'll be over.

"Well," She shifts away from me and strolls to the kitchen door.

Sensing her absence, I open my eyes and release a deep breath that I hadn't realized I had been holding.

She suddenly stops and swirls her head, arching a questioning brow at me,"What are you standing there for? Get upstairs now!" She yells at me.

I scramble out of the kitchen and run up the stairs not caring to look back.

Once I reach, I fling my door open and fly straight into my bed. Stuffing my face into my pillow, the softness and the silkiness of the material soothes me. I nestle my body into my bed and try to coax myself to forget everything. But they stay etched in my mind. The more I try to make them go, the more they replay themselves in my head. From my parent's conversation, to their always alarmed faces, to the striking differences in resemblance, to the geno-type mismatch, to Peter, to the maid, to Brenda...