~CHAPTER SEVEN

A/N: Please comment! <3<3<3

Chapter song: To be free - Passenger

Third Person

Eileen stares outside the window beside her in the cafe, her hands hover above the champagne glass. Her other hand rests on her chin. So many thoughts rattle in her head. From her complicated childhood, depressed teen years and now, living in paranoia. The difference is only little. Very little. Will She ever be free?

She twirls the neck of the almost empty glass with her fingers, watching as the wine remnants circle around the bottom. It's a small world, she reasons to herself.

Every single mistake, every wrong word, every wrong association, every offense, that she had made in her past was now haunting her. Guilt and Regret, that was what she was living with now.

Yet, all could be averted, all could be prevented, at least a high percentage of her sufferings now would be greatly diminished, just if and only if she had a better childhood, if that woman, Stephanie Meyers, did not step foot into Eileen's life.

She wishes that She listened to Fred, when he warned her to stay away from Eileen. Even though there was a probability that her abusive parents would have not died. She preferred living with them. No bad influence, no drugs, no runs, no police, just Eileen and herself.

Nevertheless, the cons of her association with Steph just matches the pros. If she never knew Steph, Fred would never be in her life. Fred and Stephanie's fathers were old friends. That was how Fred met Stephanie. But they were never really close.

Stephanie was a bad influence, Fred shunned away, Eileen gave into the pressure.

But, if Steph was out of the equation for the beginning, then maybe Eileen's parents would have never died in the accident, she wouldn't have survived her parent's torture, she would have never met Fred....

The Abuse and Neglect for twelve years, from age three till fifteen, had eaten deep into her, created an insidious hole in the depths of her psyche. All the pain, the insults, the loneliness she endured all her childhood. Her childhood, was one a child would be terrified to have.

Devoid of freedom, parental love and care. Her parents allowed her to go anywhere she wanted but she never left her home.

Young Eileen would stay in and solace herself by crying out her pains. She didn't like to out because of the scars on her body. People called her names. Her parents shaved off her hair when she was eleven. They simply hated her for no reason.

Due to that, Eileen hated herself. Whenever her parents beat her or hurl harsh words at her, she always thought she did something to them, she thought she was a problem. She resorted to being kind and gentle, but it only increased their hatred.

Stephanie knowing that Eileen was feeble at a young age, befriended her. Stephanie introduced Eileen into her own life. When Eileen was fifteen, she snuck out at night to attend a party that was hosted at Stephanie's house. Eileen got drunk, returned home at the early hours of the morrow. Her drunken state gave her away - her parents found out.

Her parents had buckled her in their car and started driving to their old warehouse. Their plan was to torture her till she would give up. Something they've wanted to do for years.

But one never knows what on Fate's comprehension, on their way, they were involved in a ghastly accident. In the process, the car was set ablaze. But before rescuers could put it out, Kristina and Erik Holmes, Eileen's parents were badly burnt, they were unrecognizable.

Even though Eileen was still in a drunken state, the trauma of the accident taunts her - being in the car where your abusive parents met their gruesome deaths.