003| what a sight

˖⋆࿐໋₊

˖⋆࿐໋₊

she watched as stiles made small talk with heather while waiting for scott to join, after their talk in school she thought she would feel better. but the look stiles gave heather made her feel like he said those things just to make her happy.

malia and lydia cuddled next to her, trying to include victoria into their conversation but they noticed she wasn't paying attention, their concern grew when they noticed who she was looking at.

"babe, you have to stop worrying. didn't he reassure you he loves you and only you?" lydia asked, unwrapping herself from malia's arms to sit in front of victoria.

"he did." victoria mindlessly replied, keeping her eyes on them. "then why are you looking at them like you're waiting for them to start making out?" malia bluntly asked, making lydia glare at her.

"what?" she shrugged. "heather came up to us and he didn't say anything." victoria replied, leaving both girls confused. before they could reply, she continued.

"he watched her walk away, it was like he was mesmerized." the whole time she talked she didn't remove her sight from stiles and heather. she watch him playfully push him and laughing at whatever he said.

and he looked so happy. he kept his eyes trained on her, his smile so wide you'd think his cheeks would be tired.

victoria knew that if she kept looking at them her heart would break even more, but she couldn't stop. it was a sight for sore eyes.

from an outsiders point of view, you would think the couple would be stiles and heather. not stiles and the girl watching them, her heart breaking even more as the minutes passed.

lydia didn't know what to say, she was the smartest one out of all them and yet she was at a loss for words. she couldn't say she related to victoria's problem. she's been in a happy committed relationship with malia for over a year and neither of them ever faced something like this. as much as lydia would like to reassure her everything would be fine, she would be lying. because there was no way to know the outcome of this.

malia and lydia would be lying if they didn't also notice the drift between stiles and victoria, and how stiles looked at heather. anybody with eyes and a brain could see it.

before they could dwell on it further, scott had finally arrived making everyone's attention focus on him.

stiles sat next to victoria, wrapping his arm around her. a small blush coated her cheeks and she felt her worries ease away, of course stiles loved her, it was just her insecurities making it seem like something was going on.

"i know this seems serious, because, well it is." scott started, he was a bit clueless on how to tell heather the truth about their lives. "uh oh am in trouble?" heather joked, but inside she could feel her insides twisting.

were they kicking her out of the friend group because of stiles? she knew she had gotten close to him, and she would be lying if she said she hadn't developed feelings, but he had a girlfriend and she respected that. she was just scared other people had noticed.

"no, not at all. i just don't know how to say this." scott stalled for a bit, making victoria struggle to hold in her laughter as she saw the worried look on heather's face and the nauseous look on scott's.

"scott's a werewolf." the room went quiet. lydia glaring at malia who only shrugged and yawned.

scott stood still, victoria froze and stiles looked over to watch heather's reaction.

"is this some sort of joke?" heather asked. she wasn't angry, just confused as to why they would ask her to hangout just to lie to her face.

"no! it's not." scott replied, he looked over to malia signaling for her to come over. "what, is she one too?" heather asked rolling her eyes.

but as she looked back to them she was met with scott's red eyes and malia's blue ones.

"what the fuck?!" she yelled, jumping away from them. she could feel her heart burst out of her chest. were they all werewolves? was stiles one?

stiles immediately stood up, walking towards her to make sure she was okay. victoria just stayed seated, watching the interaction.

"are you one too?" heather asked stiles, looking at him like he was the only person she could trust in the room. which she felt like was true.

"no, im human. so is victoria." victoria waved flashing heather a smile. "what about lydia?" "i'm a banshee. it's very different and a lot to explain but if you stick around long enough you'll see." lydia replied, giving her a sympathetic look.

victoria knew why, but she couldn't help but feel jealous. it was like heather was taking everything and everyone from her and she felt absolutely stupid for feeling this way.

"wow okay, this is a lot to take in but also? this is so fucking cool!" victoria was surprised and a bit angry of how fast she accepted it. heather seemed like the best girl ever and if it wasn't for stiles, victoria would definitely be best friends with her. but she couldn't and she was angry about it.

instead of being happy with everyone else, she sat behind faking a smile as the rest talked and told stories about their old missions. and each time victoria looked over to stiles, he was looking at heather as if he was in a trance.

what a sight for sore eyes.

˖⋆࿐໋₊

im sorry if this is all over the place i just wanted to fit in the supernatural bits, victoria being jealous and heather really joining the friend group.

i was planning on adding a supernatural scene that would be angsty (not death), but i don't think it fits with what's going on. but if this fic does good (which im hoping it will) i think i know how to use this particular scene!

also beware because from here on stiles and victoria's relationship goes down even more obviously.

- em.