004| she's got you mesmerized

˖⋆࿐໋₊

˖⋆࿐໋₊

ever since the pack told heather their huge secret and let her in on their lives, stiles seemed to spend more time with her.

it's as if what he said to victoria only a few days ago was a lie. he wasn't making time for her, and it was like he had forgotten about her.

anytime victoria brought up a plan for a date or the new year's eve party they were going to work on together for the rest of the pack, stiles turned it down, telling her he already had plans with heather that he couldn't reschedule.

everytime victoria ranted to both malia and lydia, sobbing and pouring her eyes out, they told her the same thing every time. "you deserve better than this. don't settle for something less than what you deserve." but she didn't listen. she loved stiles, they were meant to be.

when stiles asked her out they told each other this would be a forever thing, so why didn't it seem like it? why did it seem like he was choosing heather over his own girlfriend? and why did she sit back and let it happen?

˖⋆࿐໋₊

"babe, i was thinking you and i could have a picnic? like one of our first dates and the weather is really g-" stiles interrupted her before she could finish. "i have plans with heather." he didn't look up from his phone, probably texting her again.

"i didn't even say a date." victoria replied, her tone coming off harshly, but at this point stiles has fucked up way too much for her to even care.

he slowly looked up from his phone and when he noticed the look on her face he sighed. turning his phone off and putting it on his desk he walked and sat down on his bed next to her.

"what's wrong?" the question felt like a slap to the face. was he really that oblivious to how he was hurting her?

"are you fucking serious stiles?" she stood up, pacing back and forth and running and hand through her hair.

breathe in, breath out. she reminded herself, she was not going to completely freak out over this. not in front of him, anyway.

"what do you mean?" he asked. every passing second made victoria feel like ripping her hair out. there was no way he was this painfully oblivious, was he?

"are you going to tell me you haven't turned down every plan i have made for us?" tears clouded her vision, she felt pathetic for crying but she also felt like she had every right to.

"i didn't realize" he replied slowly, looking down at his hands as if they were more interesting than their conversation. "you haven't realized you've been spending more time with heather instead of your own fucking girlfriend?" victoria never raised her voice in an argument, and she was never this angry with him.

this was a new experience for stiles, he had never seen her like this. he knew he was wrong, she had every right to be mad, but he didn't know what he was feeling. these feelings that he thought didn't exist made themselves more clear as the days passed and it scared him.

"i'm sorry." stiles stood up and hugged her. and as soon as he did the tears fell from her eyes, he was her security blanket. she felt safe with him and him only. stiles knew this, which is why he tried so badly to deny and crush the feelings he had for heather down.

he loved victoria, part of stiles knew he would love her forever. but what if it's not the romantic type of love? what if they were meant to be each other's first real love only? and what if they were meant to be best friends and best friends only?

what if heather was the one for him? yes, the feelings were new and it made him feel guilty seeing as he has a girlfriend, but they were real and intense. stiles knew if he never tried he would probably regret it, but he also knew if he did he would lose victoria forever. someone who has been there for him since forever, the one person he trusts the most and his best friend since elementary school. stiles would regret that the most.

"i know i keep saying sorry, but i really am. i guess i hadn't noticed how much it affected you." victoria let out a wet scoff, wiping her nose. "how wouldn't it affect me? you're my boyfriend stiles and i love you."

he froze. it obviously wasn't the first time they've said those three words to each other, but it was the first time in days. for some reason his mind drifted to heather and how it would feel for her to say those words to him.

he shook those thoughts away and stared at the girl in front of him. she looked so fragile and scared. he couldn't break her heart, not in this way, not by falling in love with someone else.

"and i love you." she didn't know how much it would affect her to hear him say those words to him. even if it wasn't the first time, it was the first time in days and it felt like he didn't feel that way anymore. stiles telling her he loved her made her feel like there was still hope for them.

"i'll make it up to you at the christmas party with the pack, yeah?" victoria nodded, letting out a small breath of relief and smiling. "yeah, i can't wait"

they were okay, and the christmas party would be good for them. nothing bad would happen.

˖⋆࿐໋₊

well....

- ari.