Chapter Seven

A little bit after that, Lenny called a hay ride pulled by horses to take us to hang out at some Fourth of July party on the lake. Since I love horses so much, you can imagine that I was ecstatic. 

When we got there I was informed that Greg and Donna had spent all morning blowing up an air mattress and planed on catapulting Andre and I by jumping on it, that however, I did not love.

"Okay, it's in position." Greg informed us.

"I don't know, man. This thing looks crazy." Andre voiced his concern.

"Dangerous." I agreed.

"It'll be fun. Come on, man, I spent all morning blowing that thing up." 

Andre and I gave each other a look and started to crawl onto the blow up mattress.

"You should be alright." Donna said.

"Should be!" Andre and I said at the same time. I grabed his hand as Donna climbed the ladder to meet with Greg. 

"Yeah." 

"Ready?" Greg said. I looked up to him.

"No I changed my mind get me off!" I said, but it was too late they already jumped. I flew through the air and landed in the water farther than Andre because I was so much smaller than him.

When I popped out of the water the first thing I said was, "Awesome!!!"

After that it was a blurr of hotdogs, swimming, running, and air mattresses. We were all sitting down and relaxing when a group of men walked over to us and I internally groaned 'cause I knew who they were. 

"You really want to do this Bailey?" Lenny asked.

"My five against your your five." 

"Oh boy, look at this. I see the boys have stayed in shape, huh?" They all had old beer bellies and double chins. "Robideaux, good to see you."

"Lenny." He greeted.

"If you're looking at me, I don't know." Lenny laughed. "Look, fellas, we just wanna eat our watermelon and relax, if you're all right with that."

"Oh, no. Its not alright. You're not gonna weasle out of this one, Feder. Wiley snuck out of intensive care to see you finaly get some justice." I turned to see Wiley entirely covered in a body cast, his arms above his head. 

"Yo, you best be getting to balling, Feder." Wiley said.

"Oh, hey, Wiley. Was the field goal good?"

"Yeah, first time I ever heard that one." He said his words dripping with sarcasm. 

"Okay, sorry, man." 

"O-or do you want me to get something off the topshelf? Heard that one a lot too."

"Seriously, Dickie, let us just hang out with our families alright. We wanna relax." Lenny told Dickie Bailey.

"Yeah, they're afraid of us, that's why."

"We're afraid you might eat the ball before we even start the game." My dad said.

"Same old Higgins. He can talk the talk but he can't....I forget the rest."

"Walk the walk." I said rolling my eyes, I couldn't take anymore of these guys crap.

"We got Rob here with the bad foot. You can't do it, right, buddy?"

Puberty guy stood up. "I think if the buzzer were here, he'd want me to try. I think he'd want us all to try."