Chapter Two

By the time we reached Andre's house the bus was pretty full. That didn't stop Mr. Mackenzie from riding with us, though, once he saw Lenny driving. When Andre reached us he sat with Greg in his seat. I usually liked to sit by myself on the bus, it gave me more room.

"You guys won't believe what happened this morning." Andre said as he sat down.

I raised my eyebrows, "I'm sure it doesn't compare to our morning." I said looking to Greg with a smile. He froze up and quickly looked away causing me to furrow my brows.

Andre didn't pay any attention and continued on with his story. Once he was finished, Andre laughed. I stared at him. "Yeah, you had to have been there..."

I laughed, "Nice story Andre." Then I told him about my morning at the Feder's.

"Yeah, you beat me." Then he turned to Greg, "A deer peed on you!" Laughs started wracking his body, which I joined in on. Just then, my phone went off.

I took it out of my pocket and looked to see I got a message from my dad.

Daddy~

My son is insane! He cut the head off a teddy bear, Abbs!

I laughed, showing Greg and Andre the message. Then I answered him.

Abby~

Are you scared of a teenager, dad?

The fact I didn't get an answer from him, was an answer enough.

"Hey," came from one of the most annoying people I know, "hey, where'd you get those shoes, Losers 'R' Us?"

I looked to see Duffy, one of the school bullies, standing over Donna Lamonsoff. Donna was wearing a pair of fur boots that had lights and sparkles all over them. They looked like a Unicorn threw up on them, but the Lamonsoff girl was wearing them, so I made no comment. Duffy, however, did.

"I made them." Donna said, matter of factly.

"You made them? In a toilet?" He then started laughing at his own joke. He was also the only one laughing.

"Lamo," I spoke up. "Quite buying jokes on eBay!"

"Get lost, Duffy." Charlotte defended her best friend.

Keithy decided to step in too, "Yeah, leave her alone." The only one Duffy took any notice in, was Keithy, per usual.

"Hey, what'd you say, Hollywood?" Duffy grabbed Keithy by his shirt and got in his face. "You got something to say to me?" Keithy was repeating the word 'nothing'.

All of a sudden, Lenny's voice came on over the bus radio. "Attention, Kmart shoppers, let's find a seat, please." Duffy let go of Keithy and stood up straight in the isle, looking at Lenny. "Yes, you in the camouflage jacket and Mariah Carey hairdo. Yeah, just pop a squat, thank you."

Duffy grabbed Keithy's cheek, "You're lucky your dad's here, but he won't be here all day."

"Leave me alone." Keithy pushed Duffy's hand away.

I'd had enough, "Hey, Shrek!" I stood up and walked in front of him. "I know they might be hard to find, but why don't you go pick on someone your own size, huh?"

"Why don't you make me, Barbie?" Before I could say anything back, Lenny was talking over the radio again.

"Beanbag with arms and legs, seriously, take a seat, or seats, before someone gets hurt." The bus started laughing.

Duffy looked to Keithy, "You're dead, man."

I took my seat across from Greg and Andre with my arms crossed and a smile on my face. "I hate that guy." I said.