Chapter Three

We had been walking around town, thinking of things to do, when Andre mentioned the Quarry.

Braden, being the trouble maker I could already tell he was, wanted to go right away. So, Greg and Andre lead us to the Quarry. I trudged down the small dirt path, behind everyone. Grumbling about how we were gonna get in trouble and how my friends seemingly ditched me for my newly found delinquent of a brother.

When we reached the fence to the Quarry, which was littered with "Keep Out' and "No Trespassing' signs, my brother pointed. "'Keep Out'" He read. "That just makes me wanna not keep out."

I rolled my eyes.

He ducked under an open slit in the fence. Greg and Andre were quick to follow. I stood on the opposite side of the fence as they kept walking. I looked behind me, contemplating on going back, before I sighed and went through the opening. I ran to catch up to them. We were left walking up big rocks.

"Heard our dads used to come swimming here. Back in the day." Andre told Braden. I had heard this too and the fact that our dads were somewhat insane didn't make me feel any better about trespassing. "They claim to be all squeaky clean, but I think they were nuts." After Andre stopped talking, I noticed music playing.

"Do you hear that?" I asked. They nodded.

When we reached the ledge, we peered over. I saw a party going on below. There were kids on rafts in the water, kids dancing on the rocks, jumping into the water, and drinking. I guess they were in college, so older than me. Seeing this many people trespassing here, I didn't feel as nervous. Not this many people could trespass and get in trouble, right? It actually looked like a lot of fun and I kind of wanted to join them.

"College kids." Greg pointed out. "We better go."

Braden stopped Greg by putting his hand on his chest. "No go." He said as he watched the party. "Stay." Braden walked forward and began unbuttoning his shirt. I smiled knowing what he was gonna do. I dropped my bag and walked after him. I kicked off my shoes and pulled my shirt over my head. Then I pulled my socks off. I was now only in my shorts and white spaghetti strapped tank top.

I looked over to Braden and smiled, holding out my hand. He hesitated, but eventually took it and together we ran, jumping off the cliff. I simply did a cannon ball while Braden did a flip. Show off.

We landed in the water with a splash. I stayed under for a little bit, enjoying the cool water around me. When I resurfaced for air I saw Braden floating in the water. I smirked to myself and splashed him. He looked at me like he wanted to kill me. Then he smiled and started splashing me back.

It turned into a mini splashing war, before I called truce. Braden went over to one of the guys with a raft and pulled it out from under him. The guy protested, but quickly shut up when he received a look from my brother.

Braden walked back over to me and handed me the raft. I smiled, "Thanks, brother." Then he went back over to his. I looked to my friends. Greg and Andre were still on the cliff, but now holding beers. I was shocked, I never thought they would drink beer, at least just yet. Then they both turned around and started to pee. My eyes widened as I turned my head away, even though I couldn't see anything.

Braden laughed, holding a thumbs up. "Summertime." The echoes of my laugh followed.

-----------------------

A little after I had gotten out of the pool I was handed a beer bottle. I was hesitant on whether or not I should actually drink any. So, I looked to my friends. Braden was on his fourth or fifth bottle, and Greg and Andre had only half of their's left. So, I took a big breath and took a sip of it.